Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have been in contact with Visual Garage to find out how they would do a group buy, and the discount varies dependent on # of buyers.

Qty: 5 to 15 @ $76.95 each
Qty: 16 to 30 @ $72.90 each
Qty: 30 to 49 @ $68.85 each
Qty: 50+ @ $64.80 each

Price reflects orders shipped within North America.
If shipping to international location, price will be slightly higher. Lead time after submitting payment is around 2 to 3 weeks before shipping out, depending on size of the order.

For the 2010+ Mazda3's, there are two types of antenna bases, some that can use our "original" shark fin antenna (most of us).
The other cars that have the larger rear-roof antenna (cars with built in satellite/nav/gps, please check the link to confirm your antenna will fit) will need to use our pre-released Mark II shark fin antenna which was designed to fit overtop of the larger antenna base: VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

Without GB, the total is approx $81 inclusive of shipping within North America

They way their group buy works is that I will be collecting all of the $ upfront, and make one lum sum payment (they don't use coupon codes as the discount varies dependent on # of buyers)

Please reply to this thread with your car year, model (hatch/sedan), style (original/Mark II), and colour code if you are interested by June 15th [DATE EXTENDED] as I will need to collect the money via paypal by then.

1: akosiharold_510, 2010 speed, Original, gloss black (NN)
2: Hschlick84 , 2010 Hatch, Original, black mica (16w) payment refunded 06/19
3: cancelled
4: stajlalexboy, 2010 hatch, Original, Black Mica (16w) payment refunded 06/19
5: ilal2ielli, 2010 Hatch, Original, Crystal White Pearl (34K)
6: d4nd4n, 2009 Sedan, Original, Copper Red Mica (32V)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Count me in for the original black mica, 2010 hatch!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
count me in. 2010 mazdaspeed. will need black mica also
Does it have satellite? I'm not sure what the speed comes with, so I wanna make sure you get the right one! :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would but I already have, I believe there is a difference between the ones for standard antenna and those for Satellite. I actually gave VG my stock antenna base dimensions and they determined the correct fin size. This might be something that you need to discuss, or just go with the big one.

Z

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would but I already have, I believe there is a difference between the ones for standard antenna and those for Satellite. I actually gave VG my stock antenna base dimensions and they determined the correct fin size. This might be something that you need to discuss, or just go with the big one.

Z
Yep, the Mark II is for satellite. Most of us should be able to use the original.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in... 2010 hatch, black mica...

edit: I may need the mark II...
Do you have satellite? If not, you should be fine with the original :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep, I have sat... Pretty sure everyone with a GT and Bose has sat...
Ok, I'll write that down for you.

The VG guy posted on bcmazda3 the following about mark II

This was developed mainly for vehicles with a larger antenna base (such as those with integrated Sirius/XM/Navigation/GPS). I believe the larger antenna bases started appearing on 2008.5+ Mazda3 sedan/hatches up to 2010 Mazda3 hatches.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for doing this missmiel! Wish we could get more people on board to join the GB.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm in! 2010 MZ3 Hatch, Original, Black Mica (16w).

·
Registered
64 Posts
btw, do we have other choices on color? or it has to match the oem color of the car? trying to get a gloss black if possible since i will have my roof painted gloss black too. please let me know if that's possible. thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw, do we have other choices on color? or it has to match the oem color of the car? trying to get a gloss black if possible since i will have my roof painted gloss black too. please let me know if that's possible. thanks
It can be whatever colour you want, they custom paint each one. If you go to the sharkfin website to the order form, I believe there is a pull down menu to pick a car & a colour. Just need a colour code that you want :). If you know the colour code for the gloss black you're painting, you should be able to use that colour code.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have you exposed this to any of the other forums yet? Maybe pick up another 10 to 20 folks would be good...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you exposed this to any of the other forums yet? Maybe pick up another 10 to 20 folks would be good...
I'm only a member here and bcmazda3, but feel free to mention it on any forums that you're on! Maybe we can get a huge discount!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.