2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll! new to the forum and Mazda! Just bought a '12 3, 5 door...Love the car and LOVE getting 38 mpg's! I'll get to the newbie forum soon...promise :tongue:

So I'm looking at installing the viper remote start in this link...

Viper - Viper Responder One 2-Way Remote Start System

I sort of got into it with the place I'm going to buy it from. I have the keyless entry and there are questions on how the Mazda will react.

The installer says, when the car is started, the car thinks there is a key in the ignition, so the factory key fab disables so I cannot lock or unlock the car....and if I unlock it via key hole, the car will shut off. So no matter what I do, I need to shut the car off, unlock it, then restart....is this correct?

cliff notes:
viper 2 way alarm with no lock/unlock function on aftermarket remote
need to shut the car off before I can unlock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a 2012 skyactiv with python 533 alarm/remote start put factory switchblade remotes in a safe place and don't use them ,you need to use remote that came with the alarm....get a seperate mazda key (online like $35) for your ignition key already cut ... factory remote only good with certain keyless entry upgrade alarm only. do some research on this forum that's what I did, good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...After a ton of research, I ended up going with the compustar/drone mobile system. It works flawlessly. It even worked on AT&T Edge! And just in case someone searches in the future, you can use your factory key fob at any point....you can the remote start at any point also. But you can only use the CS/DM system if you originally lock the doors with it. So -

lock with factory key fob - must unlock with factory key fob - remote start still works

lock with CS/DM - unlock with CS/DM or Factory key fob - remote start still works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts