2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
2,000 Posts
That looks good. I did mine in glossy black a while back. Matte black actually looks pretty good here, gives it some contrast with the rest of the glossy grill.

· Registered
348 Posts
Excellent !! Plastidipping mine with glossifier soon.. Your car looks so sweet dropped and those rims looks awesome.

· Registered
14 Posts
I would like to try this but I've never wrapped anything before. Question: Did you use one large piece and cut it to the general shape of the trim, or did you use several narrow pieces, meeting in the corners?

· Registered
3,380 Posts
No need to take bumper/grille/trims off. Took me a lunch break, an extended 1 though.:)A piece of vinyl should cover 1 side w/o joints. Both pcs of vinyl should meet in the middle. I used dry application. Start sticking from the headlight area & work your way down. Pressing the bubbles out as you go along. Dint even use a heat gun for this 1. Cut once the vinyl follows the form of the chrome trim. Leave enough to tuck the edges into the gap between the chrome trim & the black grille. Should there be minor bubbles trapped, don't prick em, they'll eventually disappear after a few days of sun exposure. The good thing about vinyl is you can redo it w/o worries. New, it peels off easily in 1 pc & is way more durable than dip. I'm not a pro but had some practice w/ my other cars. Here's mine w/ beltline blacked out w/ the same matte black vinyl:

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Def looks awesome. I so wanna do this.

· Registered
130 Posts
did you have to rem clean!ove the bumper and trim pieces or just put tape around the area. looks so clean!!!

· Registered
130 Posts
where d you get the vinyl from? is it some kind of spray?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.