2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone, i wonder about some type of graphics for my car. But i am still not sure what type. So i wanted to know if anyone has gotten any graphics done or want to as well.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Where's Colton?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
There are a few members with some subtle pin stripping on their cars, and some look good, some not so good!

I wouldn't recommend a large vinyl because I think they look ugly and rice-y!!!:rice 1:

I will post names of people with them if I come across their pics, but I'm at a loss for names right now of who has a stripe!

Reactions: Quickcinco

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Graphics will void the warranty!!!

Not really...but it might make your car look dumb. Depends on the graphic and how it's implemented I suppose.

I'd personally vote against.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
It has to be done correctly and chances are it won't be. Also, it helps if you've done other mods to the car. Graphics on a stock car can look out of place. Reference the 2009 SEMA cars and their subtle graphics :)

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
I like the graphics the car came with: NONE.

Maybe it's the old age, but unless you are using that as a race car, graphics on it will just look...

Ricey? (I think somebody has already said that... Damn it, I always come second!)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
There are a few members with some subtle pin stripping on their cars, and some look good, some not so good!

I wouldn't recommend a large vinyl because I think they look ugly and rice-y!!!:rice 1:

I will post names of people with them if I come across their pics, but I'm at a loss for names right now of who has a stripe!

Maybe it's the old age, but unless you are using that as a race car, graphics on it will just look...

Ricey? (I think somebody has already said that... Damn it, I always come second!)
ha ha... I win!!! LOL

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts

Ya know.. Even as I sit in my wife's Sign Shop helping her out with some vinyl graphics for a customer, I couldn't have said it better. I'm glad that a majority of her customers are coprotate type (store fronts, work trucks, promotional items, etc) and some specialty motorcycle items... we don't have a real storefront/counter service so a lot of the local ricers and stuff go elsewhere and we rarely get calls on that stuff.

From the looks of our cars/trucks, you wouldn't know we have a sign/graphics shop

·
Registered
750 Posts
My car was one of those that came with pin stripes and did NOT look good. Check out my photo album and you'll see before and after pics. I couldn't wait to get the stripes off.

I'm not a graphics-on-the-car type person unless its a dedicated track car and the decals are for sponsors. Too old probably... As for stripes, based on the design on the car and the sight lines created by the creases in the sheet metal, I don't see how you could get stripes to work very well...sedan or hatch!

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
My car was one of those that came with pin stripes and did NOT look good. Check out my photo album and you'll see before and after pics. I couldn't wait to get the stripes off.

I'm not a graphics-on-the-car type person unless its a dedicated track car and the decals are for sponsors. Too old probably... As for stripes, based on the design on the car and the sight lines created by the creases in the sheet metal, I don't see how you could get stripes to work very well...sedan or hatch!
Congratz on the detailing/pin stripe removal job!

After looking at your picture, I have to say, I cannot believe that somebody would actually put those pinstripes on in that spot!
I mean, I can see putting them on the metal crease. But putting them there? They look like a job a little kid would do on a toy car! No offense, I guess you felt the same, since you took them off anyway.

BTW, car looks really nice in that colour. And, yes, I agree with you 100% on the track car point.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congratz on the detailing/pin stripe removal job!

After looking at your picture, I have to say, I cannot believe that somebody would actually put those pinstripes on in that spot!
I mean, I can see putting them on the metal crease. But putting them there? They look like a job a little kid would do on a toy car! No offense, I guess you felt the same, since you took them off anyway.

BTW, car looks really nice in that colour. And, yes, I agree with you 100% on the track car point.
The stripe is a funny story.

My dealership got me the car in a trade, and the stripe wasn't there originally. As soon the dealerships started to close the deal, the holding dealership slapped that stupid stripe on there and raised the price of he car $65. In retaliation, my dealership raised the price of the car they were trading by the same ammount. Since the stripe wasn't there originally when I made the deal with the dealership, and they are so easy to remove, I didn't make a big fuss about it. They had to go clear to either Michigan or Wisconsin (I'm in St Louis) to find a Graphite 6-speed 5-door. I knew if I wanted that color, this car was it.

I tried to live with it for a few weeks, but it just looked worse the longer I looked at it. From across a parking lot, it looked like someone keyed my car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts