2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and looking at getting into a Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Hatch. I will be leaving a 2013 VW Jetta GLI. Reason for the switch is primarily all the squeaks, creaks and rattles. Reading some of the threads on here makes me think I'm going from one disappointment to another. My hope is that if I get into a later VIN car, some of the bugs will have been addressed. Is there a rule of thumb for after this VIN number things should be "OK". The car I'm looking at is 1195821. Is there a way to tell the manufacturer date from the VIN?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum and looking at getting into a Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Hatch. I will be leaving a 2013 VW Jetta GLI. Reason for the switch is primarily all the squeaks, creaks and rattles. Reading some of the threads on here makes me think I'm going from one disappointment to another. My hope is that if I get into a later VIN car, some of the bugs will have been addressed. Is there a rule of thumb for after this VIN number things should be "OK". The car I'm looking at is 1195821. Is there a way to tell the manufacturer date from the VIN?
I am surprise you are leaving GLI to a Mazda 3. I currently have a 2012 GTI. and I have not squeaks or rattles. I know some of the early model of GTI or GLI has them but dealer/manufacture actually switched the door seal and fix most of those problem. Reason why I am here is not because I am leaving my GTI, its because my wife is in the market for one of the Mazda 3

Did you try fixing the rattles by any chance?

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Ours doesn't squeak/rattle, except for back around the license plate. I need to remember to put some rubber pads between the frame/plate and that will fix my issue. Otherwise, the car is pretty tight.

If you do wind up with any squeaks/rattles, the dealer should fix them without too much hassle.

·
Registered
352 Posts
For me it's always something loose in the vehicle rubbing against the seats or similar. Beyond that it's a pretty tight car. I don't know if it's going to be worlds better than a current gen Jetta GLI though. My FiL has a '12 Jetta and it is likewise rattle-free and has all of the right design touches to minimize rattles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts