2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Heres a video on the removal process on the 2010 mazdaspeed 3 dash trim along with a matte black vinyl wrap. Enjoy :clap:

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you find the video useful, please do me a favor and hit the THANKS button. I hope the video helps members here. If anyone has any questions about the process feel free to ask.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PICS...

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks im going to do this to mine. i hate the silver
Youre very welcome =) At least you had silver.... ANYTHING is better than the chickenpox trim :clap:

Post pics when youre all done. What color you doing? :clap:

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew about the glovebox trim piece, but not the other side. Thanks for the write-up!
No prob! Glad to help others when I can :clap:

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey dark. i love ur tutorials ive done the headlights and looking into this now. this looks easy but what i want to do is get some of decalfx black carbon 3 and do the silver door handles at the same time with the two chickenpox plastics. also i want to do the silver in the center console its the gear shift frame and the a/c knobs. did u do these as well? i dont need instructions to do it as if opened up everything in that part of the world before. i feel it would look cool to have all the plastics that are not solid black some sort of carbon fiber.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Agreed about the DarkSpeed3 tutorials. I saw this mod in another thread and had to do something with the ugly silver pieces in my own car. My plan is to do those silver parts in black 3M Di Noc. I've noticed a few other members rides have it done just cant remember any specifics to cite. There is a photo in the "Wink Mirror"* thread just above this one. Will be doing mine when I get some free time. Will post pics of before/after to share w/ others. Look forward to seeing how it turns out for ya. Good luck!

Also anyone who can give tips on doing CF and getting things to line up would be greatly appreciated.

*http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ody-have-wink-mirror-post-pics.html#post86360

·
Making People Mad
836 Posts
Well, that was my car with the vinyl, i just slapped the whole piece on and cut around the edges, came out perfect.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated video link since the first one is now broken

Reactions: vgb

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do anyone know how to take apart the center console pieces? i have a mazda 3 hatch s and i already did the dash trim and door peices that were silver in carbon fiber. But i am stuck on how to tack off the center peices where the shifter is?? anyone videos out??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do anyone know how to take apart the center console pieces? i have a mazda 3 hatch s and i already did the dash trim and door peices that were silver in carbon fiber. But i am stuck on how to tack off the center peices where the shifter is?? anyone videos out??
Grab the cupholder and yank up on it, it will pop loose. Remove that then grab the bottom of the shifter trim and pull up while jimmying apart the black footwell panels that connect to it. It will pop loose then u lift straight up and it comes off.

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
Grab the cupholder and yank up on it, it will pop loose. Remove that then grab the bottom of the shifter trim and pull up while jimmying apart the black footwell panels that connect to it. It will pop loose then u lift straight up and it comes off.
^This

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if this information is posted somewhere on here, but how much vinyl do you need for this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.