2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Video Player V2.9 Help [Solved]

Hey guys

So yesterday i used AIO V2.5.5 and install a couple tweaks on my Mazda 3 Including Video Player V2.9. Everything went smoothing and all tweaks were installed successfully.

However when i loaded up my flash drive with over 100 Music Videos...only TWO showed up in the video player app..the rest can been seen and played as an MP3 if i navigate to the flash drive under the audio source menu.

All files are identical as far as i can see...(i took a screen shot so you guys can see)..so im baffled as to why this is happening...hope you guys can help

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is the [ and ] in the file name (special characters). Just as chinese characters aren't accepted. Perhaps accepting the & was already in the code.
Hey thanks for the reply! I thought of that, but both files have the same special characters in them...even though u cant see it in the screen shot...the video that plays has '[' and ']' near the end.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Im still not sure what the 'REAL' problem is....but im pretty sure it has to do with how the videos were converted...i came to this conclusion because previously the videos i had...came part of a pack i downloaded off a popular torrent website...TODAY, after exhausting all other possibilities... i decided to ripped a couple videos off of a popular video streaming website myself...load them onto the flash drive and try them out...when i booted up the video player... viola!!! they all showed up and played perfectly!! :confused1 1::banana 1:

So then... i did a comparison between the videos i ripped and the videos in the pack and noticed that the videos ripped had '.mp4' extensions and the videos in the pack had '.MP4'...i changed the videos i got in the pack to the lowercase one and they all showed up :grin2:...not sure why it matters if the extension is in caps or not...or why the videos in the pack all came with their extensions in caps (thats why i figured it had to do with something the videos were converted)...but hey...i can now watch videos from the comfort of my Mazda 3:cool 1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts