2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Machine gray Mazda 3 sedan
22 Posts
I just had this happen, never happened before 2021 mazda 3 with 16k miles? anyone have any idea what it is?

Engine is off, just parked and happen to hear as i was walking away it did this for about 10 mins before stopping.

Mazda 3 2021 Issue - YouTube
I think I heard something similar coming from my car this morning as I was walking away after parking and I remembered your post. However, after I unlocked it to pop the hood and take a look, it had stopped (not sure if the reason was that it timed out or the fact that I unlocked and opened the door). I will keep an eye (or rather an ear) out in case it happens again. I will also follow the discussion in case someone posts a possible cause. Cheers

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think I heard something similar coming from my car this morning as I was walking away after parking and I remembered your post. However, after I unlocked it to pop the hood and take a look, it had stopped (not sure if the reason was that it timed out or the fact that I unlocked and opened the door). I will keep an eye (or rather an ear) out in case it happens again. I will also follow the discussion in case someone posts a possible cause. Cheers
Sounds like an actuator resetting or purging O2 maybe. I think I've heard that at one point. I wouldn't sweat it unless you're hearing it every time. Then you could pop off the engine cover and look for the source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts