2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the first video of my car ;D
My question is, should i fight this?
I should of stopped at the line and than turned, which i fucked up on...
Didn't know the light had a traffic camera.

What would you do?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Reactions: chavy

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, my fight would be...

I didn't run the light, i was turning. I should of stopped at the white line and than accelerated, but because of the time of night i thought i would be fine just turning as long as i ensured the safety of others and looked every way needed. It was 3:30 am in the morning, the streets were practically empty, and i saw no major need of needing to stop at the light before proceeding.

And than i would try to reason to where i can maybe instead of paying for this ticket i go do some service hours or something else in exchange.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Honestly, my fight would be...

I didn't run the light, i was turning. I should of stopped at the white line and than accelerated, but because of the time of night i thought i would be fine just turning as long as i ensured the safety of others and looked every way needed. It was 3:30 am in the morning, the streets were practically empty, and i saw no major need of needing to stop at the light before proceeding.

And than i would try to reason to where i can maybe instead of paying for this ticket i go do some service hours or something else in exchange.
That may work but with your record idk

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That may work but with your record idk
Wel i don't really have a record, 6 of my tickets were dismissed. Only have a parking one and that bulshit one for my license plate.

But either that first option.
Or since the ticket is in my moms name and the car is in her name. (But it is mine, all paid by me, insurance, payments, gas, and al)
I was thinking of lying, having my dad go saying he was driving, and it was an emergency and he was just in a rush. He is an ex-new york city police officer, and doesn't have tickets like that...

·
Registered
150 Posts
First off though.. you weren't even in the turning lane.. you jumped to it right before the intersection.. bravo!

Second: Do not fight it. Although it is possible to win it is my understanding (at least here in pinellas county Florida) that you will not have points go against your license if you immediately pay the ticket. If you fight it and loose you will get points against your license. I think that even if you fight it and win you will get points on your license for a temporary period causing your insurances rates to go up.

Double check your laws.. but I would not risk the points on the license.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey! your on camera =)

but no, just do defense driving online comedy or whatever. only $25. ticket dismissed!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also- I bet you triggered the camera only because you were not in the turning lane on approach to the turn. The system thought you were going to go thru the light. Avoid such nascar'sh maneuvers and avoid these types of tickets..:police:

Regardless, pay the ticket, dont risk your points.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just pay the ticket, it's really not worth fighting for and I honestly can't see you win it. No offence. :p If you do fight it though, good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gonna have to agree. Don't even try to fight it, waste of time. I once got to the white right as the light turned red, it was pouring and there was nobody around. Not wanting to slide and risk anything, I gunned it. Thought I had a case. It was as close as possible. I was told that if I slowed and showed hesitation, they could see my point but they wouldn't hear me out legally.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Yeah really no point in fighting that haha. No way you would in, that is the rules of the road in FL, stop on red no matter waht then proceed even if early in the morning with no one around a rules a rule and it was broken with you caught red handed and you werent even in the turn lane... Just pay it and get over it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'm with Rherold

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
lol i though those things where illegal, because they can't prove who was driving, just that your car was there.
in CA every one that fights them wins, only officers can issue tickets, and when you receive your performance award you sign it to acknowledged that to received it to your person. (signing it doesn't mean your guilty)

so Fight that!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also- I bet you triggered the camera only because you were not in the turning lane on approach to the turn. The system thought you were going to go thru the light. Avoid such nascar'sh maneuvers and avoid these types of tickets..:police:

Regardless, pay the ticket, dont risk your points.
YEa, i know thats the fucking reason. And it's cause at night ill take wider turns cause no one is around.

Bend over and take the ticket. Right on red still requires a stop. You didn't even slow down, your brake lights when off when your car entered the video.
Yea i know, and because of the handling mods i got, sometimes i dont slow down.

lol i though those things where illegal, because they can't prove who was driving, just that your car was there.
in CA every one that fights them wins, only officers can issue tickets, and when you receive your performance award you sign it to acknowledged that to received it to your person. (signing it doesn't mean your guilty)

so Fight that!
The one person saying fight it, lol

Everyone keep giving me your feedback.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
The one person saying fight it, lol

Everyone keep giving me your feedback.
depending on your local laws (live in CA not FL) depends on the win rate.

In CA only a peace officer can give the ticket, and last time i checked cameras are not cops. since there is no way to be 100% sure that you where driving, how do they know it was you? your friend? your mom? (you get the idea)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
depending on your local laws (live in CA not FL) depends on the win rate.

In CA only a peace officer can give the ticket, and last time i checked cameras are not cops. since there is no way to be 100% sure that you where driving, how do they know it was you? your friend? your mom? (you get the idea)
Yea, and the car is registered in my mom's name since i was 17 when i bought it. But you would think the driver holds all responsibility. Since she loaned out the car, she would be held responsible i would think.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts