2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really irritating me, car is just about a year old with only 5800 miles on it but has always done it from day #1 , I have not taken it in as I just had no time. However, going to the dealership next month for my regular service. What happens is that when the bass gets to a certain tone (a ton of the music I listen to) the passenger side (window or some other part) starts vibrating which is annoying in a brand new car. It's unacceptable. I don't recall that happening in the past in new cars that I had.

Is this something that Mazda has to handle under warranty? What are my options here? The car is in absolute mint condition and showroom new, this is an issue in the manufacturing itself.

·
Banned
842 Posts
This is really irritating me, car is just about a year old with only 5800 miles on it but has always done it from day #1 , I have not taken it in as I just had no time. However, going to the dealership next month for my regular service. What happens is that when the bass gets to a certain tone (a ton of the music I listen to) the passenger side (window or some other part) starts vibrating which is annoying in a brand new car. It's unacceptable. I don't recall that happening in the past in new cars that I had.

Is this something that Mazda has to handle under warranty? What are my options here? The car is in absolute mint condition and showroom new, this is an issue in the manufacturing itself.
I don't really know about warrnty coverage regarding this.

My resent experience: Not exactly for a stone stock stereo but never the less IMO applies to your question. 2018 M3 with less then 4000 miles.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...terior/218898-nitro-s-mazda3-avocation-7.html
Ok...so the wife said hearing the my video played several times "what the heck are you watching and listening to"? :laugh2:

I ran out of time and only finished installing the front FOCAL speakers in the door and applying the sound deadening material So I did a walk around to test for all area's I may be applying the material to as well. Lots of rattles and hollow/empty sounds in stock form with these M3's? You can really tell the difference between the front (with the material applied) vs rear doors. Ok, so try not to chuckle laugh to much at my video I laugh enough at myself. :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2LN-2SeRDU&feature=youtu.be
and

All day to do the rear door speakers, front tweeters, and the sound deadening materiel in the rear doors. Time for some wine!
I can already hear a reduction in interior road noise just with the 4 doors being done. It does not even sound like a Mazda any longer. Even the tire noise is reduced. :grin2:
I was very surprised to find that neither the front nor rear doors had no vibration tape or any kind of road noise reducing material. :frown2: Just for fun I pull up the rear section of carpet and was also disappointed to see nothing that would do any real effectiveness at reducing road noise.:frown2:
So the project in March will be removing all the seats and carpet all the way back to the truck and installing sound deaden material. :wink2:

·
Registered
988 Posts
What happens is that when the bass gets to a certain tone (a ton of the music I listen to) the passenger side (window or some other part) starts vibrating which is annoying in a brand new car. It's unacceptable. I don't recall that happening in the past in new cars that I had.

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal and IMHO it has nothing to do with warranty claim, if you hear music with a lot of "Bass" then the doors panels will produce very loud and annoying vibrations sounds. What I did personally is to distribute the bass and sound to the rear speakers by putting +1 or +2 "Fade" on the sound settings. This allows the rear speaker handle the bass distribution better but in high volume you will still experience these annoying panel vibrations. The bass quality on OEM speakers is not the best but we can't expect too much from an "Ecobox'" as the Mazda 3.

Other option would be to configure the bass to - but this option obviously makes you loose bass quality in exchange for less vibrations. An alternative as well is isolating the inner door panels better, but it would be time consuming and if not properly done this cannot guarantee that vibrations will fade away.

Finally this bass and vibration issues is not a big deal for me since I don't listen to high bass music frequently (Thank g-d) and I'm pretty sure that it is super annoying for you since I have experienced the same, as an end alternative take it to the dealership to check how they can help you out. Best of luck! :smile2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the last vehicle I had was an Acura TL but this was a decade ago, there were no vibrations that I recall even at high bass. Even in this class of car I expected it to not vibrate.. I am wondering if the same thing happens in a Civic, I will have to try it out.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,372 Posts
I have a new 2018 model and I am getting a similar noise to yours. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side tweeter or air vent.

It's most likely a loose plastic tab somewhere. I will record it and take it into my dealer for handling.
CK

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have noticed the vibration noise, and I believe I have found one of the locations of major vibration. The door armrest which is padded (burgundy,) if you press on it a little while music is playing with heavy bass the vibration ceases. I have yet to have the dealership look at it, but I am not sure what can be done. Not the plastic plate with the window controls, but the patch of soft leather like material. Try it out, and that may help. Other locations are the trim around the air vents below the Infotainment display, and not on this car, but my previous 2015 the caps for the bolts to disconnect the exterior mirror housings.

·
Banned
842 Posts
. What I did personally is to distribute the bass and sound to the rear speakers by putting +1 or +2 "Fade" on the sound settings. This allows the rear speaker handle the bass distribution better but in high volume you will still experience these annoying panel vibrations. The bass quality on OEM speakers is not the best

Finally this bass and vibration issues is not a big deal for me since I don't listen to high bass music frequently (Thank g-d) and I'm pretty sure that it is super annoying for you since I have experienced the same, as an end alternative take it to the dealership to check how they can help you out. Best of luck! :smile2:
Audiophile responding here.....:smile2:
Moving the sound around only muddies up the sound quality and reproduction from its original intend listening. If you start to have vibrations,rattles,squeaks and other sounds that player music brings out then it is simply a task to find each one and correct the cause. There are very few really good music environments in a vehicle from the factory. Moving the bass to the rear may only cause the panels in that area to create none audio music sounds that you may not at first hear while driving but parked will annoy the hell out of you.

The only other thing I want to say is bass and the quality or volume is not always viewed as a rapper be popping his head with all the body parts and the rear licences plate vibrating almost off the car but Jaz (sax's) and bass guitar riffs and licks ( not heavy Metal) live are always felt and known and it is parts of enjoying them as they would be live in your car that makes listening all that much more pleasurable.

I am really going all out to "sound" my MAZDA to be able to enjoy music with out vibration and other none intended sounds and it is a lot of work and effort that I feel for me will pay of in the end.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've also got vibrations whenever deep bass kicks in. My volume is usually at 10 and depending on the track I increase and decrease the volume. I notice the vibrating sound is coming from the mirror switch at the driver side door. When I hold it and crank up the volume, I don't hear any rattle or vibrations but when I let go of it the vibrations comes back in seconds. Personally I find it normal for cars to have vibrations when playing bass heavy tracks at a high enough volume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts