2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to get a sharkfin antenna for my 2012 hatchback but on vg's website they only have the antennas for up to 2009 but i have seen people on the forums with the sharkfins on their newer models. Will the antenna fit the newer models as well and do any of u guys know where i can get one? and is the stock antenna even removable and how would you go about doing so?
thanks

·
dutchabag
292 Posts
The real ones go around $60.00 and up,color match of course;goes over O.E.M. antenna base,has a wire that connects to factory antenna and goes on with double sided style tape,even is large enough to hide aftermarket XM sat Antenna to.....should work for 2012 models ,here is a Web site http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html give them a call to see if it will work, to be sure

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The 2009 one fits all the newer models that don't have the tech package / built-in Sirius XM radio. I have the tech package, so my antenna base is slightly bigger. They have a model that works with the bigger antenna base here. I was thinking about getting it but I'm not sure how the bigger one would look on my car, and if it affects radio/GPS reception.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts