2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all that have and are serving thank you, it sucks that everybody that takes this day and uses it to bbq drink and hang out with friends and family but rarely recognizes the sacrifices we are willing to take to allow all this to happen. To my Marines, Semper Fi God bless and keep your heads down! Thank you all.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Memorial day, to me, is remembering specifically those who have passed away while serving us. I dont want to come off as rude unpatriotic or ungrateful but memorial day is not so much to acknowledge those who have or are serving. I think thats more of a Veterans day thing. But honestly, I am thankful everyday for everyone who has served and is serving. If I know someone is in the service, I thank them. Like at Busch Gardens, someone had a tag that said veteran so I said thanks for your service. It made the guy's day. He just looked at me kind of weird, gave a genuine smile and said no problem buddy. So just a general thanks to everyone in the service but lets take a moment to really commemorate those who gave their lives for our country.

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Memorial day, to me, is remembering specifically those who have passed away while serving us. I dont want to come off as rude unpatriotic or ungrateful but memorial day is not so much to acknowledge those who have or are serving. I think thats more of a Veterans day thing. But honestly, I am thankful everyday for everyone who has served and is serving. If I know someone is in the service, I thank them. Like at Busch Gardens, someone had a tag that said veteran so I said thanks for your service. It made the guy's day. He just looked at me kind of weird, gave a genuine smile and said no problem buddy. So just a general thanks to everyone in the service but lets take a moment to really commemorate those who gave their lives for our country.
I hear you man good looking and thank you

·
Registered
67 Posts
After having been in the service now little over 5 years I take everyday here state side as a gift. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else! I've served in Baghdad for 15 Shitty months & learned on an entire different level a new respect for our vets. I can't imagine what our old school vets went through to make & protect this great country of ours.

Just everyone please take one minute outta your bbqs and parties to kick of the summer to REMEMBER & be thankful for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to let us have this opportunity!

I salute all my fellow soldiers out there..past & present.

Sent from my Super Cool Mobile Cellular Device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts