2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 with a 2.0l @ 87k. My car developed a really strange problem earlier today were the AC isn't working properly. The fan on 1,2,3 doesn't blow any air, but the AC compressor appears to be working. It will build up cold air in the vents (which isn't blowing out air). When I set the fan to '4', the fan will blow full speed, but the AC will shut off (light no longer illuminated). For a brief few seconds when setting it to '4', I'll get a good bit of cold air, but it doesn't last but a few seconds.

I've disconnected the battery to reset the ECU/BCM, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I read another post about a coil that may have burned out and need to be replaced, but it doesn't explain why the AC shuts off when set to
'4'.

Any thoughts on how to approach it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Howdy!

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 with a 2.0l @ 87k. My car developed a really strange problem earlier today were the AC isn't working properly. The fan on 1,2,3 doesn't blow any air, but the AC compressor appears to be working. It will build up cold air in the vents (which isn't blowing out air). When I set the fan to '4', the fan will blow full speed, but the AC will shut off (light no longer illuminated). For a brief few seconds when setting it to '4', I'll get a good bit of cold air, but it doesn't last but a few seconds.

I've disconnected the battery to reset the ECU/BCM, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I read another post about a coil that may have burned out and need to be replaced, but it doesn't explain why the AC shuts off when set to
'4'.

Any thoughts on how to approach it?

I pulled the module out, and it has a crispy(burnt) resistor. I was hoping I would find the resistor's value and just solder a new one on, but wasn't able to find it. I ended up picking up a replacement off RockAuto, and will update the outcome and resistance for future visitors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I pulled the module out, and it has a crispy(burnt) resistor. I was hoping I would find the resistor's value and just solder a new one on, but wasn't able to find it. I ended up picking up a replacement off RockAuto, and will update the outcome and resistance for future visitors.
Any update on the outcome?

Also, any chance you could share the part number and location/pic of that module??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry I know this was a couple of years ago, but how did you get on with this. Do you have photos of the parts you replaced? I have this same problem with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts