·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Ahaha that's great

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Yes sir! Lol. Thats what you call a lot of of stop and go around town. Cant get moving there is so much traffic.
Stupid avg speed calculator sucks.. I drive like 90% highway n every time I drive that little bit of surface streets to get home it drops to 20 -.-

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
It was off. I had just filled up and reset everything on my way home. I only had like a mile on that! :p. Around town I get like 21 or so.

·
Registered
246 Posts
nice ..... your mpg will drop in the winter time always its the fuel not the car. it what they call winter blend. heres what i found out

Cars using summer-blend gasoline spew fewer harmful emissions and get slightly better fuel economy than those using winter-blend gas during the summer months

The difference between conventional summer- and winter-blend gasoline has to do with the Reid Vapor Pressure of the fuel. RVP relates to the volatility of a gasoline. The more volatile a gasoline, the more likely it will evaporate as the temperatures rises; evaporated gasoline contributes to unhealthy ozone and smog levels. Summer gasoline has a low RVP and is less likely to evaporate when compared to the high RVP winter grade. The Environmental Protection Agency says conventional summer-blend gasoline contains 1.7 percent more energy than winter-blend gas, which contributes to the summer blend’s slightly better gas mileage.

The Energy Information Administration says the switch between the two fuels happens twice a year, once in the fall (winter blend) and again in the spring (summer blend). Summer-blend gasoline is typically more expensive to produce than the winter blend, and it won’t affect vehicle performance or the durability of the engine and fuel system, according to the EPA.

In many large cities as well as California and New England, the EPA requires the use of reformulated summer- and winter-blend gasolines. These RFGs contain oxygenates that lower RVP and other toxic chemicals even further than conventional gasoline.

·
Registered
394 Posts
And this is what I got in my 2.5 this week :3
I'm proud of myself

How the shit did you get 30 MPG in your 2.5???? I had cruise on at 73 mph and was getting like 19.6!!!

Bad winter fuel + ski rack + winter tires. :( stupid shit! I'm barley gettin 21 average driving conservatively.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
246 Posts
im at 29.8 mpg and 25mph average what are you doin to get 19.6!!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
If your on cruise at 73 and getting 19.6 you have a major problem. Our 2.5 gets 27mpg around town all the time. Thats fairly heavy city driving too.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
I'm at 213 miles with 2 less notches.
Dude there's no way u should get 19 when cruising at 70..

I drive mostly highway n hardly run into traffic.. I don't accelerate hard n get the speeds up to 80 n let it drop to 70 n keep accelerating gently.. I never go at a constant speed.. I dunno it has to do with anything..

Then again if I get impatient and drive crazy I get about 20-22 mpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think it's a combination of bad winter gas + bulky ski rack + soft brand new snow tires + high elevation in Utah. I'm gonna go and change my fuel filter on monday, take the ski rack off, check the tire pressure, and put premium so I'm using a little better gas and I'll get back and let you know if I notice a big difference!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Save the hassle. Premium wont get you any better mileage. Well maybe a tiny bit more but the higher price dont justify it. And as for the fuel filter it wont change it either. Those ski racks will hurt mileage but should only cut off maybe 2 miles per gallon. As for elevation i aint gotta clue. Im from the state of high elevation.......Florida lol.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
lol go ahead and replace it. at least its cheap. it wont get you any noticeable mileage increase. but hey change it and let us know what happens. Ii had 150k on my 97 maxima and was still getting 27 mpg before and 27 mpg after i changed it. same on my 09 hhr. 70k miles and 30 mpg before and after. Im just sharing my experiences. i have never yielded i mpg gain with a fuel filter change. Its all electronic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many ppl have there own opinion on that particular subject. If u use high quality brand, for me , I only fill at Shell, bp , mobil and chevron. I fill up about 3 to 4 times a month and out of those time fill up premium once. Ur gunna see alot of ppl gunna say our 2.0 / 2.5 L engine is made to take regular fuel / 87 and no need for premium.

I've used a fuel injector cleaner b4, Lucas complete full treatment. Out of all there other kind, in my opinion it's the less harsher cleaners out there chemical wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I am having the same problem. 2009 Mazda 3, turned over 100k and suddenly gas consumption went from 27 combined to 19. No warning lights, gas smell, etc. I ran the dashboard test with no issues. Seems like there is something on the electronic side that is not linking well..but again, no warning lights, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem. 2009 Mazda 3, turned over 100k and suddenly gas consumption went from 27 combined to 19. No warning lights, gas smell, etc. I ran the dashboard test with no issues. Seems like there is something on the electronic side that is not linking well..but again, no warning lights, etc.
Did u find the culprit?i got the same.prob now.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts