2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I got a new 2017 Mazda 3GT and it came with ver.502 preinstalled which I was prepared for even though I knew I would miss the Larger Icons, Backgrounds, and touch screen. I'm not prepared to take apart the dash to do the mod that's described in other threads in order to gain access to tweaks.

What I wasn't prepared for is that the iPod support (iPod Classic 160GB) is absolutely appalling. on startup all ability to browse the iPod is greyed out. after about 15 minutes the browsing ability unfreezes and after 25 mins the Gracenotes Loaded message finally appears and on can browse and use the iPod normally again

Are other suffering from this and if so whats the fix

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmmm, a while ago when I called a local dealer to ask about upgrading to 502 to fix some BT issues, they stated they were hesitant to do the upgrade as they were seeing issues with Apple over something. (Wouldn't be a problem for me as I don't use Apple but glad I still held off.) Might be worth an inquiry to your local dealer about it. Not sure if that was just their observation or if it's known across the whole dealer network.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts