2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 307 Posts

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Yeah, definitely. More people do it the way you are than the way I did. I kinda just copied the Autoexe scheme to the detail, besides the little badge.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah, definitely. More people do it the way you are than the way I did. I kinda just copied the Autoexe scheme to the detail, besides the little badge.
lol, yea little badge looks weird. but with your color you can do it. Dark colors you can do that tear drops look, but with a light color, if you put it black i feel it looks bad

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just went to the shop yesterday to pick up my front and installed it right in there parking lot :p

Will install my side skirt on Saturday next week. I'm getting goodies in the mail in 2 days from CorkSport. So im just going to take it to my shop lift the car and do everything in one day. Going to be a long day Saturday.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Looks a lot better. I think you should black out part of it though.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Looks good, but how does it fit along the bottom of the hood? It looks like there's a gap, maybe it's just the picture though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I've noticed MZ3's have a goofy gap. He may have put hood spacers in as well. I think he was talking about them

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No hood spacers yet. I have a dent in my hood too which kinda affects the flushness of it :(
but yea, for the mz3 the hood just isnt that flush, even on stock bumper. But ill be getting a speed 3 hood in a couple months

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
No hood spacers yet. I have a dent in my hood too which kinda affects the flushness of it :(
but yea, for the mz3 the hood just isnt that flush, even on stock bumper. But ill be getting a speed 3 hood in a couple months
Dude a speed3 hood wont fit. It's too long. Or do you mean a replica made for a MZ3?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Dude a speed3 hood wont fit. It's too long. Or do you mean a replica made for a MZ3?
Come on... do i look stupid to you lol? obviously ive done my research:yes:. Im talking about a carbon fiber MS3 hood w/ Mz3 fitment. OR, i might buy OEM hood and fenders. But if i get the carbon fiber one ima paint it same color.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You need a new front bumper fenders and hood. So you should get a carbon fiber one

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You need a new front bumper fenders and hood. So you should get a carbon fiber one
Im pretty sure the bumper will work. Cause ive seen a mazdaspeed 3 with this autoexe replica front... So i think it would work.
But Mazda Team Mexico does the conversions out the asss. So im trying to get the hood from whoever they get it from.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Im pretty sure the bumper will work. Cause ive seen a mazdaspeed 3 with this autoexe replica front... So i think it would work.
But Mazda Team Mexico does the conversions out the asss. So im trying to get the hood from whoever they get it from.
Dude it won't fit. They probably had a genuine autoexe made for the speed3. The MS3 hood is longer.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Dude it won't fit. They probably had a genuine autoexe made for the speed3. The MS3 hood is longer.
No cause the Genuine one is like what Corksport has, with round fog lights. This one had Rectangled fog lights, like mine. But regardless i would test fitment before buying. Cant be foolish..

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
There is most likely two versions of the replica, one for the speeds and one for the regular 3's
There are 3 versions
1. Original Autoexe Front for ms3
2. Original Autoexe Front for mz3
3. Replica Autoexe Front for mz3(that also fits ms3)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
if it fits the ms3 it wont fit the mz3. The hood of the MS3 is longer. but you should black out part of the bumper like i did horribly in paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
if it fits the ms3 it wont fit the mz3. The hood of the MS3 is longer. but you should black out part of the bumper like i did horribly in paint.
lol, i just dont think it looks as clean if i do that. And the headlights im going to bake and paint all black. Not doing any kind of tinting on them, Fogs ill tint yellow probably

And the bumper might not fit on the speed3, but idk. BaysonR claims it fits though...

Edit: Do wanna thank you for the input though. and to take your time to edit this pic to show me what you mean.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
UPDATE

Taking it to the shop on Thursday. Going to be a long day... Buddy of mine wants to do some work on his Si, wants to do some appearance upgrades, that i know won't work. But oh well.

The day will consist of:
  • Installation of Side Skirts - Lift the car, Remove front mud flaps than bolt it all on.
  • Installation of Corksport Air Box - Remove intake, Bolt on
  • Installation of Corksport Oil Catch can - Might change my oil too, about that time
  • Installation of Corksport mid chasis Brace - Lift car, slide under, bolt off oem, bolt on new brace
  • Installation of Corksport 3rd Brake LED light - remove OEM light, replace
  • Installation of Corksport LED Rear Bumper lights - This one will be tricky...
  • Installation of 5MM Spacers
If anyone wants a video on any of the above specifics lmk.

MIGHT ALSO INSTALL SOME HIDDEN FOG LIGHTS. I have it all wired. Just trying to figure out where to brake through the fire wall... Will take a look at it once i'm there Thursday..

If your wondering why i did this write up. It's because im at work, bored, and have nothing better to do. lol.

41 - 60 of 307 Posts