2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I'm pretty sure disconnecting the battery will ruin the settings because you will be resetting your ecu when you disconnect your battery whether you want to or not. So I would think if the ECU becomes resets it would go back to factory defaults.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Going in tomorrow to have mine done!! In terms of options being reset, it all depends on what kind of memory is being used to store the changes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can safely say that disconnecting the battery does NOT erase your personalization options, because the Smart Turn was the first thing I checked, haha. :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Unhooked mine many times and the ECU stores it. All personalization is stored in the ECU so nothing is lost when you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just got back from getting my personalizations done...I love love love the smart turn! Why it wasn't default I'll never know!

·
Registered
72 Posts
So anyone they disconnecting their batter after they got the personalization done? Did you lose your personalization features? I want to put my K&N intake back on soon but don't want to lose my smart turn haha
I can honestly say that I had to reset my door lock/unlock function via shifter position on my 2010 m3s sport after I disconnected my battery this past weekend. :crybaby 1: Luckily it's a personalization feature I can reset myself. :stuart:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i agree.. they did show how to program the locks regarding locking when you shift gears and what not..so dont see why they couldnt make it a customizable feature that we can do on our own.:sad 1:
I can honestly say that I had to reset my door lock/unlock function via shifter position on my 2010 m3s sport after I disconnected my battery this past weekend. :crybaby 1: Luckily it's a personalization feature I can reset myself. :stuart:
Can the lock/unlock doors via shift position function be enabled by user instead of having to go to a dealer?
That's the personalization option I want most on my 2010 Mazda 3 S actually lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No, they plug it into a special computer in the repair bay.

I've been playing with the battery and haven't lost my settings yet.

-Crissa

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can the lock/unlock doors via shift position function be enabled by user instead of having to go to a dealer?
That's the personalization option I want most on my 2010 Mazda 3 S actually lol.
Yes it can be the instructions are listed in the owner's manual. First thing I did when I got mine home from the dealer.

Auto lock/unlock function setting change using door-lock switch
The doors and the liftgate can set to lock or unlock automatically by selecting any one of the functions from the following list and using the driver's door-lock switch on the interior to perform the setting change as indicated in the procedure which follows.

Function Number and it's Function
1. The auto door-lock function is disabled.

2. All the doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed is about 20 km/h (12 mph) or more.

3. All the doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed is about 20 km/h (12 mph) or more. All the doors and the liftgate unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or Off.

4. (Automatic transaxle vehicles only)
When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from park (P) to any other gear position, all the doors and the liftgate lock automatically.

5. (Automatic transaxle vehicles only)
When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from park (P) to any other gear position, all the doors and the liftgate lock automatically.

When the shift lever is shifted to park (P) while the ignition is switched ON, all the doors and the liftgate unlock automatically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Programming details
1. Stop the vehicle and close all the doors.

2. Switch the ignition ON.

3. Press and hold the lock side of the driver's door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, and make sure a beep sound is heard about eight seconds afterwards.

4. Referring to the auto lock/unlock function setting list, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the driver's door-lock switch only in the amount of the selected function number (Ex. If you select function 2, press the unlock side of the switch only 2 times).

NOTE
There are only a total of five auto lock/unlock settings available for automatic transaxle vehicles, and three for manual transaxle vehicles. Be sure to press the unlock side of the driver's door-lock switch the correct number of times according to the selected function number. If the switch is mistakenly pressed six times on an automatic transaxle vehicle or four times on a manual transaxle, the procedure will be invalidated. If this occurs, start the procedure from the beginning.

5. Three seconds after the function setting has been changed, a beep sound will beep in the amount of the selected function number.

NOTE
- The doors cannot be locked or unlocked while the setting function is being performed.
- The procedure can be cancelled by pressing the lock side of the driver's door-lock switch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it can be the instructions are listed in the owner's manual. First thing I did when I got mine home from the dealer.
Awesome. Thank you.
I don't know why this information doesn't seem to be in my 2010 manual. Looked at everything under "Doors and Locks" section but the only mention of locking with shift lever said to look at the personalization options table in the back...

So, it seems like you have to choose a single function from the given list?
Does that mean if I enable locking with shift lever, the car won't auto-lock when it's going above 12 mph?

I know there aren't many scenarios where the car would have to lock doors again when traveling over 12 mph if I have already have the shift lever position locking enabled, but I consider it a safety feature and would prefer to have both.

But if I can't have both, I'd still choose shift lever position locking because even though I've had my car for over two months, I too often forget to manually unlock all doors before retrieving something in the back seats or cargo area.

And I'm guessing the factory option is function #3, so to set it back to the original setting, you just have to run the procedure again and set it to function #3?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
the only thing that intrigues me is the 'smart turn' indicator. I sometimes forget to turn off the indicator. doh.

when switching lanes, I usually leave it on for 3 clicks anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Estimates have no problem with the interior ceiling lights, since apparently are disabled when opening wing doors still not turn on the lights that are in a position of opening doors, anyone knows how to customize that?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Mazda 3S with keyless entry. I am wondering if anyone knows how to activate the feature where my car can automatically lock when I walk away with the fob. It's listed in the manual as a "Personalization Feature" that can be only activated through an Authorized Mazda Dealer, but is that really necessary to activate this kind of feature. Thanks

81 - 97 of 97 Posts