2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did as you suggested... Now Mazda is telling me that because my car has Auto Leveling Headlights and are also XID, the adjustment option is not available. They told me they would do some further research and get back to me shortly.... Harrumph... guess I am SOL....

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
Ran into the same problem with the dealer telling me that "smart turn" was not available for my car...

Just wanted to add to this that the base model 3i Sport can do the smart turn signals. The Service writer at my dealer said that it could not, the tech said he could do it.....and he did!:tongue:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the smart turn signals, and one button unlock done at my first service this week. Of course the service writer and the person I called on the phone originally to set up the appointment had never heard of any personalization options. Luckily, they did have a guy who knew how to do it.

·
Ninja
30 Posts
Somebody has to have figured out how to do this on their own...

The Smart Signal thing is becoming more of a standard feature on higher end cars. I work for an Audi, Porsche, Volvo, etc dealer chain and most of them do this and it's a pretty big selling feature.

I'd really love to keep the car dark until I open the doors but stay listening to the radio. It'd be nice to end the drive home with a date by turning off the car, keeping the radio on in the darkness instead of having the lights come screaming on like the gym lights at a middle school dance. lol

·
Ninja
30 Posts
So I just picked up my 2011 Mazda3 Hatchback GT and my sales guy said "oh yeah, we can do a couple of changes to it. Let's take you back to service." He approached the service guy with asking him if it could be done (assuming he posed it as a question because I told him I wanted some things done like the Flashing blinkers and James Bond autolock).

Luckily, the service advisor owns a 3 and did this stuff to his. He's about my age (mid to late 20s) and told me to drive the car for a little while and get familiar with the settings so that I don't regret changing anything I like. He said Mazda pays for it only once, and after that it's coming out of my pocket. He also said the Three Blinker flash is really cool and he has that on his.

The guy's name is "Z" so he's gotta be cool. :shuriken:

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Ninja
30 Posts
Does the On>ACC>off setting automatically turn off the ACC if you open the door? What is the "period of time" before the car turns Off from ACC automatically? Like 5 min or something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personalization

Just took my car in to the dealer, just over one week old, they're fixing some scratches that were on the car when I bought it and they're going to personalize the power down sequence from On > Off to On>ACC>Off. At least that's what I asked for, service manager didn't seem to know much about that and my car didn't have the personalization card in it at all. Keeping my fingers crossed....

·
Registered
42 Posts
My car did not have this card in it either, I have an apt on wednesday to get the doors to all unlock at once and the smart turn signal feature turned on. I talked to the dealer today and told them I dont have a card so they are looking into what to do about it since I have only had my car for like 3 weeks and have not had a personalization done yet. Anyone else get there car done without the card? I read on another forum that they are not giving out cards anymore and the dealer is supposed to just do it the first time for you. is that true?

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
My car did not have this card in it either, I have an apt on wednesday to get the doors to all unlock at once and the smart turn signal feature turned on. I talked to the dealer today and told them I dont have a card so they are looking into what to do about it since I have only had my car for like 3 weeks and have not had a personalization done yet. Anyone else get there car done without the card? I read on another forum that they are not giving out cards anymore and the dealer is supposed to just do it the first time for you. is that true?
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-mazda-3-discussion/960-vehicle-personalization-guide.html

I guess, you could print this out and give these..

·
Registered
42 Posts
so according to my mazda dealer this was a free service 1 time for 2010 owners but in 2011 they decided to make it a customer pay option so they told me it would be $20 to do it, i called the mazda phone number that is listed a couple pages back and told them about this and they are looking into it to see if i can get it free. i consider this bull crap if it isnt because half of the "personalization features" i could program myself using the key fob and the ignition in my 2002 sentra and it told you how to do it in the user manual so to make me pay for this simple stuff is bull crap. why is this stuff not an option that can be changed in the MID like the blinker volume? its just stupid to make you pay for something like this when all it takes is probably 5 minutes on a computer.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
so according to my mazda dealer this was a free service 1 time for 2010 owners but in 2011 they decided to make it a customer pay option so they told me it would be $20 to do it, i called the mazda phone number that is listed a couple pages back and told them about this and they are looking into it to see if i can get it free. i consider this bull crap if it isnt because half of the "personalization features" i could program myself using the key fob and the ignition in my 2002 sentra and it told you haw to do it in the user manual so to make me pay for this simple stuff is bull crap. why is this stuff not an option that can be changed in the MID like the blinker volume? its just stupid to make you pay for something like this when all it takes is probably 5 minutes on a computer.
i agree.. they did show how to program the locks regarding locking when you shift gears and what not..so dont see why they couldnt make it a customizable feature that we can do on our own.:sad 1:

·
Registered
42 Posts
got a call from mazda today and they called my dealer and said it was ok to have the personalization done free for the first time so try that if anyone says you cant get it free. so far i have to say mazda customer service is probably the best i have ever experienced tied with apple, the person i talked to was the nicest rep ever so i am glad atleast some companies have your back now a days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my 2010 a few weeks ago, used, from a Mazda dealer 2 hours away. I wonder if the local Mazda dealer will do the personalization since I bought used and not from them...?
I wouldn't get your hopes up but some dealerships are super nice and may do it for ya, what you could try is to have something else done like an oil change or something and ask if they can throw that in while they have the car that way they are at least getting some money for the time they are putting into your car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would get your hopes up but some dealerships are super nice and may do it for ya, what you could try is to have something else done like an oil change or something and ask if they can throw that in while they have the car that way they are at least getting some money for the time they are putting into your car.
Yeah, good point. I can be quite convincing...so we'll see what I can do. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm taking my new '11 hatch in to the dealer next Tuesday to have some personalization done. I've got a list of 8 items I need them to change. Topping the list is the lux setting for the automatic headlights. hey come on when it's cloudy. They came on today at 8:20am when I drove past a tree!

·
Registered Drug User
100 Posts
I had and 99 Audi, and a VAGCom (ebay), basically a ODB port cable and usb with some basic software. I could change any of that stuff. I wonder how all the other manufacturers keep it so tightly under wraps.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
does anyone know if disconnecting the battery will erase any personalization features done to your car? Just had the smart turn and the interior illumination timer changed and dont want to have to do it all over again.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts