2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
EDIT: Found it.
Page 3-46
Note: If the battery was disconnected during vehicle maintenance, or for other reasons... Carry out the following procedure to resume operation;

1.Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2.Press the switch and fully open the window.
3. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closes.

For anyone else that may have experienced this problem...

oh BSUBigMac, nice taste by the way, I too, have the graphite mica i-Touring. haha

·
Registered
703 Posts
AFAIK, it's not true... last time i checked with Cutter Ala moana, they said that their "software" is not updated yet. the service guy I spoke with is Tony Ortiola..
Hmm...That's where I went to. The "service consultant" Shawn told me this. They did do some of the other personalized items tho. Oh well, I'll check back with them later, or until someone here figures out how to "crack" the system and we can do it on our own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Warnings, beeps, alarms

I'm filling out my personalization options card and have a couple small questions.

1. Does anyone know the difference between the Key Reminder "adjusts the volume of the key reminder warning alarm" and Advanced Keyless Entry "Adjusts the volume of advanced key warning beep."

2. Which alarms are altered by the settings in the info screen where we are given the option of low and high? Lights and key?

Thanks!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm glad I saw this. I find the two button press to unlock all of the doors pointless and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. Also the autolock when you walk away is quite James Bondish:eek:hsnap 1:
is that for the GT (tech package) or for all models?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to set these personalization options myself - not going to the dealer? If not, then why not? Do they have to hook up a diagnostic tool?

I would think that this is just a bunch of hidden menu options in the info screen.
not sure if you got your answer or not... still reading through this thread:

What i have discovered in the 5 days that i have owned my mazda3 5dr is you can change the adjust the turn signal noise. Personally, it was at the right volume for me from the factory.

Also... kinda off topic... has anyone used the maintenance program on the info screen? To me, it's a 'neat' option

·
Registered
699 Posts
If your dealer is cool they should take care of you for free.
my dealer gave me the personalization form... and said i can come back any time and they will personalize the stuff for free... one time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
my dealer gave me the personalization form... and said i can come back any time and they will personalize the stuff for free... one time.
Got that too, brought it in a week and a half later and turned off auto-lock on speed and turned on the smart-turn signal(best thing ever!). I'm a cautious driver and I actually prefer 5 blinks because I'm a slow lane switcher hah. I like signalling intent then making the switch. Though I probably can't change it to 5 blinks instead of 3 can I?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Got that too, brought it in a week and a half later and turned off auto-lock on speed and turned on the smart-turn signal(best thing ever!). I'm a cautious driver and I actually prefer 5 blinks because I'm a slow lane switcher hah. I like signalling intent then making the switch. Though I probably can't change it to 5 blinks instead of 3 can I?
. No idea. My first weekend with my mazda 3 which after a fun run means reading the mazda bible

·
Registered
36 Posts
Smart key users

I'm about to bring in my 3 for personalization, and I'm wondering about the option for the doors to lock automatically when you leave with the smart key. It says it's off by default and needs to be activated, however it seems mine was on by default has this changed? Apart from that it looks like I'm going to change the sensitivity of the auto lights and one button unlock for all doors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
got my 3 done for personalization last week. smart turn is really cool, even dealer recommended it to me :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree, it's an awesome feature. Every time I drive a different car, I always catch myself not signaling right since it doesn't do it, lol.

I honestly will never understand why Mazda has not set the default for that feature to on rather than off.
:) I think most of new benz has this function as standard. I feel good now ha ha:cheesy:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my car June 30th and at the time I was not aware of these Personalization options. I went to the dealer today to pick up my plates and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said even if they were to do something they would charge me for it.. what do you guys suggest? Do you think I can take it to a different dealership and get it done? I'd really like to get the smart turn signals and 1 press unlock for all doors.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi!

This is the first time I ever heard about any personalisation about Mazdas.

Do I understand that it is possible to turn off the unplugged seat bealt alarm sound? (or at least make it just tu noise for a few seconds than go quiet?)

Can I make this feature off myself? (I have a simple Mazda 3 5 door, 1.6 TX Plus, European version)
Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I got the service guy to let me play with the software since he couldn't find the single push full unlock ( Two stage locking) and noticed there are options for different wheel and tire pairings in the ECU... Wish I had wrote down what all the options were as I believe there was 3 of them... Upsizing wheels without having to match diameter leaves for interesting possibilities.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Auto Headlights...

I have noticed that the headlights when in auto mode will come on very early in the day, when the sun is still shining rather strongly. Not a big deal, but when I asked the dealer to adjust it to the lower setting as shown in the personalization guide, I was told that this was not an available personalization. That the setting for the lights is the "standard" setting. Any thoughts....

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have noticed that the headlights when in auto mode will come on very early in the day, when the sun is still shining rather strongly. Not a big deal, but when I asked the dealer to adjust it to the lower setting as shown in the personalization guide, I was told that this was not an available personalization. That the setting for the lights is the "standard" setting. Any thoughts....
It is available, I had them change it. The problem is these dealers don't know wtf they are talking about. it is a little confusing in the ECU options, but there are 4 settings for the auto headlights... 2 for US and 2 for Japan.

All Personalization options are done via laptop connected to the ecu

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ran into the same problem with the dealer telling me that "smart turn" was not available for my car...

Here's what you do, just call up the Mazda Customer Assistance Center, 1-800-222-5500, and tell them what what the dealer said. Then they will have one of their own techs call up the dealer, tell the tech at that dealer that they're an idiot and tell them how to do it. Then someone should be calling you to bring the car back to get settings changed. :bash:

41 - 60 of 97 Posts