2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
I wish there was a way to adjust the seatbelt warning sound.

Specifically, I dislike the way it immediately starts beeping when I start the car. My routine in my 8 years of driving has always been to start the car and then buckle up. This car apparently wants me to buckle up before even putting my keys in the ignition. Not a huge deal, but I wish it were an adjustable option.

Also, when I drop off my girlfriend at her apartment the warning beep goes off again (she unbuckles as we enter the parking lot). She leaves the car, and as I drive away it continues to beep for 10 or so seconds as if the car thinks she's still in the seat. Meh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also, when I drop off my girlfriend at her apartment the warning beep goes off again (she unbuckles as we enter the parking lot). She leaves the car, and as I drive away it continues to beep for 10 or so seconds as if the car thinks she's still in the seat. Meh.

One way to solve that...have her move in with you :tongue:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One way to solve that...have her move in with you :tongue:
Well, that solves the car problem but could immediately start NEW problems.:stuart:

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
Got the smart turn blinkers activated this past weekend. I also wanted them to configure the driver's door handle button to unlock all doors with one push (instead of pressing twice); however, the service manager stated they couldn't find that setting.

What I think is funny is that now when i push the rear hatch button I get two beeps and all the doors unlock. I don't recall that particular setting being listed.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
I wish there was a way to adjust the seatbelt warning sound.

Specifically, I dislike the way it immediately starts beeping when I start the car. My routine in my 8 years of driving has always been to start the car and then buckle up. This car apparently wants me to buckle up before even putting my keys in the ignition. Not a huge deal, but I wish it were an adjustable option.

that's weird. my seatbelt reminder doesn't go off till i go faster than 12 mph. and once i stop the car, the reminder stops. maybe you should have that looked at.

anyway, according to the owner's manual, you can have the reminder disabled at your mazda dealership.

·
Registered
655 Posts
dealer told me they couldnt' get the one click unlock to unlock all doors :'(.

thats the only thing i really wanted

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
that's weird. my seatbelt reminder doesn't go off till i go faster than 12 mph. and once i stop the car, the reminder stops. maybe you should have that looked at.

anyway, according to the owner's manual, you can have the reminder disabled at your mazda dealership.
Interesting. I didn't see that as an option in the vehicle customization segment.

Anyone know if dealerships tend to charge for these sort of things?

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Interesting. I didn't see that as an option in the vehicle customization segment.

Anyone know if dealerships tend to charge for these sort of things?
yeah, it's not on there. it's in that actual bible of a manual. i got bored at work one day and read through it. lol. i was thinking of getting mine disabled too so i can check on that for you.

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
i just did some personalization on my M3 awhile ago but they said they cannot do the "press button once" for unlocking of all the doors through the key and through the driver's door switch option.

did any of you guys has this option changed?

and also now when i step out of the car, it always beeps once but it doesn't do anything.. i taught it was for the locking of the doors automatically but not. and i did not even wanted that option..

will be visiting the dealership sometime soon..

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
yeah, it's not on there. it's in that actual bible of a manual. i got bored at work one day and read through it. lol. i was thinking of getting mine disabled too so i can check on that for you.
Thanks a lot. I just stopped by the dealer to get a free car wash and made an appointment to get this done. They couldn't get me in until next Saturday: :sad 1:. But apparently the technician I talked to said the seat belt chime could be disabled for the driver, passenger, or both. I chose both.

And just for shits and giggles, I'm also asking them to give me the 1-Click 4-door unlock option on my key fob, which they confirmed was entirely possible. I don't really care if they can do it or not, but at least you guys can more vocally complain to your technicians and get some answers as to why X-Dealership can and Y-Dealership can't handle this option.

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
Just got the 1-Click 4-Door unlock option added to my key fob -- works perfect. If your dealership can't do it, tell them they need to update the firmware on their servicing computers. They shouldn't be selling '10s if they can't properly service them.

No more seatbelt warning chime too. :dance013:

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
Weird. I just took mine in and asked to get Smart Turn activated - and they told me they couldn't find that setting. Jankyboy - where's your dealer?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I find it odd that dealers are stating they couldn't find the settings to make changes off the personalization guide.

I took my car into my dealer, Auffenberg Mazda in O'Fallon IL (St Louis area), and the service manager didn't even blink when I asked for some personalization changes. They set all my doors to open with one push of the fob button with no problems. It works great. The service manager did mention it was not a quick job because there were, "many layers of menues to go through to change settings". Still...he didn't seem to have any issues doing the work.

Funny part was, my salesman stated he never had any customer chage the settings that he new of...

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
Odd thing - I got a service survey a week ago or so & knocked them down a few points due to the "unresolved issue" of the personalization.

Their service manager called my house a few days later & talked to my wife for a while. He said that Mazda was "updating their system" on the Saturday that I had brought in my car, and they couldn't do the Personalization because they couldn't find my VIN in the system. He said I should bring the car back sometime during the week and they'd take care of it.

I'm not sure whether I'm pleased they called back to follow up, or whether I'm upset I didn't get a straight answer the first time. Anyway, the dealer is a little out of my usual way, but I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm glad I saw this. I find the two button press to unlock all of the doors pointless and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. Also the autolock when you walk away is quite James Bondish:eek:hsnap 1:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts