2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Squats nd Oats
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I ordered some v-leds v3 tritons for my G and here are the output shots, compared to JLC switchbacks

Downside is the cost. These are usually $135. I got them for $100 because they had a discount for preorders before they were released.

Here is a video I took. I pointed work lights directly at the light to simulate daylight. Perceived brightness wasnt really affected. Please ignore my cat and my breathing. I promise Im in shape.

You may notice that when I leave the amber on for too long, the white comes on. This is by design, so that you can use it in a car where the turn signals are also the daytime running lights (eg. cobalt) If the amber is on for too long, it assumes that the light is in DRL mode so it changes to white.

·
Registered
356 Posts
These look great brightest from what I've seen as far as pnp that's out there.
What exact color temp are these ? Are they pure white, or with a hint of blue? Looks like closer to 6000k or a slight hint of blue...I cant really tell and I know pics can sometimes do not show true colors well...

·
Squats nd Oats
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are a fairly pure white, but they are closer to blue than yellow. They are called 6k, but I've found with Vleds that their 6k is a 5k and their 5k is a 4.3k IMO. I wanted 5k so I bought 6k lol

I don't mind blue terribly, but I hate yellow

·
Squats nd Oats
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they have a red and amber type? For tails? Its shows red till activated for amber
Like switchbacks? No, but that would be cool. One day. For now, are you interested in combining tail and brake into tail, brake and or reverse?

Check my sig ;)

·
Squats nd Oats
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There really are a lot of possibilities. One right now is using one of these switchbacks in the reverse housing as a turn / reverse combo

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Wow that looks awesome! A lot brighter than I expected it to be too. $135 is a lot for LED's but it is sure tons brighter than most of what I've seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts