2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can combining resonators of different lengths and outer diameter affect the exhaust system negatively? To my understanding, people generally use two of the same resonators if space permits. I have a spare Magnaflow muffler (14" length, smaller OD, I don't remember) that I'd like to pair with my Vibrant resonator (18" length, 4" OD).

tl;dr Running 2.25" catback system with 18" length and 4" OD Vibrant resonator. I want to add a 12-14" length magnaflow muffler to help with the highway drone. Are there any negatives to using different sizing resonators?

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
Can combining resonators of different lengths and outer diameter affect the exhaust system negatively? To my understanding, people generally use two of the same resonators if space permits. I have a spare Magnaflow muffler (14" length, smaller OD, I don't remember) that I'd like to pair with my Vibrant resonator (18" length, 4" OD).

tl;dr Running 2.25" catback system with 18" length and 4" OD Vibrant resonator. I want to add a 12-14" length magnaflow muffler to help with the highway drone. Are there any negatives to using different sizing resonators?
Maybe you should have done some reading. :surprise:
At this point you don't have anything to lose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts