2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Has there been any news on this? Also for updates do you have to go to your dealer or just download a file?
You can download the update yourself or take it to the dealer. If you take it to the dealer, you need to tell them there's a problem and that you'd like them to update the software to fix it. It's important that you request it due to a problem. My dealer tried hassling me and saying they'd charge me for the update (on a 1 month old car with 500 miles) if there was nothing wrong. Imagine spending nearly $100 for them to plug a device in and leave it while it updates. 10 minutes of labor. Don't do that.

Please also call corporate and report the issue so that they understand how annoyed we are (of course be friendly just explain your frustration).

You can call this number, it's a rep I spoke to who should still be familiar with the problem. For whatever reason he didn't know it existed even though it's been reported numerous times. The more reports the better. I also have a reference number I'm happy to PM you if you need it. His name is Will:
Select Prompt 2, then Ext. 1140

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has there been any news on this? Also for updates do you have to go to your dealer or just download a file?
the update is easy to flash. just follow the instructions.
the update however has not fixed the issue though so its upto you if you want to update.
also while a vehicle is in warranty the dealer should not be charging for doing updates...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like a large update has been released per our resident badass ASH8. Anyone want to be a guinea pig that has successfully flashed in the past to see if it fixes this issue? Per usual, no changelog :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm curious why people think this is a problem - design choice, perhaps? If your phone is plugged into the USB port, you don't need Bluetooth for literally anything. Even if you're in the Mazda Connect system, any incoming/outgoing phone calls (and texts) will automatically route through CP/AA and those interfaces are superior for music as well over the OEM Mazda Connect system.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm curious why people think this is a problem - design choice, perhaps? If your phone is plugged into the USB port, you don't need Bluetooth for literally anything. Even if you're in the Mazda Connect system, any incoming/outgoing phone calls (and texts) will automatically route through CP/AA and those interfaces are superior for music as well over the OEM Mazda Connect system.
I don't think you understand the issue. If you want to use USB one day and then just jump in the car the next and have it autoplay via bluetooth, you can't do that. You have to go through multiple menus.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think you understand the issue. If you want to use USB one day and then just jump in the car the next and have it autoplay via bluetooth, you can't do that. You have to go through multiple menus.
Ah, you mean manually select BT as the audio source?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Until I went out of my way and read this forum, I was unpairing the phone and repairing it every time. There's a menu option that enables "voice plus audio" that's quicker but it's still obnoxious. Imagine how annoying it is for the non technologically inclined

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks like a large update has been released per our resident badass ASH8. Anyone want to be a guinea pig that has successfully flashed in the past to see if it fixes this issue? Per usual, no changelog :)
The issue is still there lol.
All Panasonic needs to do is write a line of code that checks Bluetooth connection status prior to establishing AA connection. Then revert to that state after ending connection.

Pretty sure Panasonic manufactured the maZda connect I Units (not the display or command center) and they eventually got it working there. Not sure why they can't with II.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What he means is that prior to connecting with Android Auto, the car has a phone paired via Bluetooth for calls and audio.
Android Auto requires Bluetooth for calls and usb for everything else so it changes the Bluetooth profile for the connected device to calls only.
Once you disconnect the phone from AA or the next time you enter the car, the Bluetooth profile remains on calls only and has to manually selected as calls and audio.
The car should automatically send a "reconnect to last device" command but it doesn't.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The issue is still there lol.
All Panasonic needs to do is write a line of code that checks Bluetooth connection status prior to establishing AA connection. Then revert to that state after ending connection.

Pretty sure Panasonic manufactured the maZda connect I Units (not the display or command center) and they eventually got it working there. Not sure why they can't with II.
$$$

·
Registered
188 Posts
The annoying part is that the profile is locked at the vehicle level so I can't even create a workaround using Tasker:/

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just pretend the car doesnt have bluetooth music.
I either listen to music off a usb drive or android auto, or local radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope.
And there probably never will sadly
Really? Why do you think never? It seems like a pretty large issue that's also affecting 2020+ units, if it was something specific to the 2019s I'd give up hope.

I don't honestly even use AA that much except for longer trips so I don't care a ton.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Really? Why do you think never? It seems like a pretty large issue that's also affecting 2020+ units, if it was something specific to the 2019s I'd give up hope.

I don't honestly even use AA that much except for longer trips so I don't care a ton.
Car manufacturers don't really care about technology.
Panasonic will blame google, google will blame Panasonic.
Dealers will blame the phone.
Also if alot of people don't complain to dealers/Mazda they won't see it as an issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What a f'ing joke. If I were a rich man I'd sue them over it, I'd probably drive something other than a mazda 3 though

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 M3 in Australia here, same exact issue is driving me nuts. Cars a week old and I have the 10042 firmware. It also has issues with warning settings! Grrr

21 - 39 of 39 Posts