2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Mazda3 Sport sedan with 6 non-Bose speakers. I’ll be putting in a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 (line out converter with Mazda wiring harnesses built in) to run an amp/sub in the trunk. I’d also like to add an Alpine KTP-445U to boost the aftermarket door speakers. The problem is that this Mazda (and many others) have a tuner and amp unit (TAU) located on the right of the glove box, which is separate from the head unit. I would like to know where to wire the Alpine booster into the car’s existing wiring. I’m not sure it’ll work if it is wired behind the head unit because that may be in line ahead of the TAU. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Has anyone out there installed an Alpine KTP-445U in a 2014+ Mazda3 with TAU?

If so, where did you wire it into the car – behind the head unit or by the TAU?

Have you had any problems with using it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
This should be relatively straightforward but you'll have to do some soldering.

Basically the loom that comes with the PAC taps the speaker signal at the TAU (white plug) to give a line out but then allows it to continue onto the factory speakers (brown plug) - basically designed to tap a factory system to allow you to add a sub.

What you'll need to do is snip those passthrough speaker wires as close as you can to the white plug and connect the now free wires to the output of the KTP. Here's one I prepared earlier. I actually extracted the pins and soldered new cable on for a neater finish. Those new cables go to my amp output. I'm not using a KTP but the setup is the same.

Pull the factory white plug out of the TAU, insert PAC white plug, then join PAC brown plug to factory white plug, connect the RCA cables and you should be up and running.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was just like wiring any other amp when I did mine, just plug in the converter and do the mod listed up, then wire it in to the amp. I didn't even worry about the tuner amp unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much Jasoncharged. It ended up working out but only with your help! This is the only place on the internet I found a way to complete my wiring system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is awesome. finally found this write up ive been needing to see.
i have the pac aoem maz2 but only good for sub setup. everywhere i asked, people only upgraded door speakers without adding amp as well. thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts