2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order a TRZ transmission/driver mount from TheRPMstore, but they are out of stock. I'm not getting any response from Protege Garage. These are the only two vendors I know of to purchase this mount using PayPal.

I found a TRZ mount on Ebay for 75 and the seller will do overnight shipping. Need this in a hurry. Said that he had the mount on for 10k and the washer and bushing in the picture look intact.

What do you guys think? Should this be okay? I normally wouldn't buy a used mount, but the TRZ transmission mount looks to be pure metal everywhere. Should I go for it?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I tried to order a TRZ transmission/driver mount from TheRPMstore, but they are out of stock. I'm not getting any response from Protege Garage. These are the only two vendors I know of to purchase this mount using PayPal.

I found a TRZ mount on Ebay for 75 and the seller will do overnight shipping. Need this in a hurry. Said that he had the mount on for 10k and the washer and bushing in the picture look intact.

What do you guys think? Should this be okay? I normally wouldn't buy a used mount, but the TRZ transmission mount looks to be pure metal everywhere. Should I go for it?
I don't think it'd be a problem. I'd rather have a used one so that way it's already broken in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, that's just the thing. Call me crazy, but when my JBR 88a RMM and especially the 80A passenger mount were freshly installed, I was loving the new vibes and sounds. Now that they have died away (plus the broken transmission mount I'm probably feeling) I was looking forward to recapturing some of that rawness.

Thanks for the input, purchased and waiting on a shipping confirmation. Build thread to hopefully follow soon. I've got enough parts on my car to make it somewhat interesting! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If the bushing is ever busted.. You can always order a new one from trz... I did that when i had my trz tmm

Reactions: Grizzo

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Dude, that's just the thing. Call me crazy, but when my JBR 88a RMM and especially the 80A passenger mount were freshly installed, I was loving the new vibes and sounds. Now that they have died away (plus the broken transmission mount I'm probably feeling) I was looking forward to recapturing some of that rawness.

Thanks for the input, purchased and waiting on a shipping confirmation. Build thread to hopefully follow soon. I've got enough parts on my car to make it somewhat interesting! Thanks!
Ah, it's pretty extreme, so hopefully you like it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

LOL you need to buy an older car and make it as raw as you want and be happy. I used to daily a car with polyurethane filled motor mounts, a loud exhaust, 2 front seats, 2 front door panels and nothing else. Girls hated it but I loved driving that loud, uncomfortable, fun mess haha

·
Registered
975 Posts
should be fine, and 10k really isn't that much.

I love my TRZ trans mount, but that's because I love trans noises.

Now if I can find something to replace my SU passenger mount to reduce vibes that would be fantastic... it shakes everything way to much with two TRZ mounts and a race PMM, it's obnoxious. Personally I don't see how anyone honestly "likes" the vibes, but then again everyone else has interiors that probably don't make as much noise / shake around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.