2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put a deposit on a 2015 mazda3 at a mazda dealership, which has done 17000 miles. I noticed it had 4 different tyres. Unusual .. does this raise any specific warning bells ?

·
Super Moderator
6,164 Posts
All of the bells actually...
Probably indicates poor long term maintenance by the previous owner. The PO only cared enough to keep the car moving. Tires should be replaced as a set, not one at a time. Different makes and models of tires replaced at different times means they are all worn differently, have different overall diameters probably, different traction levels, etc. Not good, tell the dealer you at least want a new set of tires that are all the same. Kind of makes you wonder about the history of the car and what else has been neglected.:surprise: Check the suspension, see if the shocks and struts are all the same and look under the car to see if any other parts have been replaced or if there is any other sign of damage or repair.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is it not certified? I think a red flag is selling a car that could be CPO but isn't at a name brand dealer. I mean is there anything special about that one car you can't just pick another one?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tires get replaced one at a time when there are specific wear problems, like if there is an alignment issue. Or if a tire got shredded (it happens, but rarely), or if the car was in a minor accident and a tire was compromised.

I'd ask for the results of a 4-wheel alignment from them.

I hate non-matching tires on a car. I would take it as a bad sign.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts