2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone else mentioned this, but I couldn't find the post.

I have about 2000 songs on a USB stick. When I'm not in the mood for anything specific, I set it to shuffle all songs. Previous firmware versions did a great job, but v59.00.502 seems to have broken the shuffle function. So now the songs are only very lightly shuffled, usually staying within 2 or 3 letters of the alphabet.

This morning it even played 3 songs right in a row, completely un-shuffled. The song titles all started with "F" and when I looked at the song list, sure enough they were right in a row. It seems statistically unlikely that these would be chosen at random, so whatever algorithm Mazda is using is broken.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the system to properly shuffle? Or will I just have to hope it's fixed in a future version?

·
Registered
290 Posts
You just gave me a reason not to upgrade to the newest firmware.
Besides using my phone I also use a USB drive and have it on shuffle as well.
That's very strange that it would do that though... why don't you try using a different thumb drive and see if it does the same thing to confirm your suspicions

·
Registered
476 Posts
I wrote a complaint about shuffle at local dealer.
Did not get any response.

Wrote an email to Mazda Europe with similar complaint. Got a call from Mazda Ukraine (Kyiv). They told me that they are aware that I have modified my CMU (installed tweaks), and that they can't use my car to test this behavior, so they suggested me to go to local dealer and show such behavior on a test car. I agreed and after converting all FLAC files on my USB to MP3 went to the dealer.

I showed and explained them what the problem is and they agreed to write an official complaint or TSB, or whatever it is to Mazda about it.
Hoping that the more complaints they get - the better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same problem. And no ability to shuffle by album (just created another thread on this). What I want to know is : who can I send complaints to about the infotainment system? I've got a long ass list.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I noticed shuffle has problems like you mention.

I've created some long playlists in iTunes and sorted them by track name which gives a kind of random order. This is my solution to shuffling songs on the Mazda.

Is there software which can take a playlist, randomly shuffle the play order and output a new playlist?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Same problem. And no ability to shuffle by album (just created another thread on this). What I want to know is : who can I send complaints to about the infotainment system? I've got a long ass list.
Depends on your region. You can check Mazda Infotainment website.
For Europe you can definitely use this email: [email protected] and/or [email protected]. My last email to [email protected] worked as a charm. They called me back from Ukrainian office regarding my problem, as described above.

I noticed shuffle has problems like you mention.

I've created some long playlists in iTunes and sorted them by track name which gives a kind of random order. This is my solution to shuffling songs on the Mazda.

Is there software which can take a playlist, randomly shuffle the play order and output a new playlist?
You'd better first check how big of a playlist your system supports. As far as I know, latest firmwares support only playlists with 100 songs, which is a just a joke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My shuffle is so awful since the last update that I literally get the same band like 6 songs in a row even though I have thousands of songs. This is some serious bs.

This topic is a year old and there aren't any fixes?

·
Registered
190 Posts
My shuffle is so awful since the last update that I literally get the same band like 6 songs in a row even though I have thousands of songs. This is some serious bs.
same here, Im hoping the AIO tweaks will help

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
Just an update, but it seems as though FW 70 looks to have resolved the shuffle issue. More testing is needed as I only just got everything installed, but a heads-up for those of us who rely/use/prefer on USB music over streaming.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just an update, but it seems as though FW 70 looks to have resolved the shuffle issue. More testing is needed as I only just got everything installed, but a heads-up for those of us who rely/use/prefer on USB music over streaming.
What's FW70? My UK MZD Connect software version is 59.00.502A which was the latest update done 10 months ago. Shuffle only works for me if I first list all songs.

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
What's FW70? My UK MZD Connect software version is 59.00.502A which was the latest update done 10 months ago. Shuffle only works for me if I first list all songs.
FW 70.00.021B is the most current firmware, released within the last month and most of the chatter about it revolves around the official enabling of Android Auto/CarPlay.

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...enuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html

2nd post has a link to the firmware, which is available for every region.

·
Registered
476 Posts
OMG, I hope it's true. Then I will definitely upgrade to 70, even though I don't plan on installing hardware at the moment.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll try installing v70 as well and see how it works. At some point in the future, I'll probably install the new USB hardware too, but for now just having some good working shuffle would be really nice.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why the big jump from v59 a year ago to v70 now?
Maybe just some internal numbering strategy for Mazda programmers, although the logic escapes me. Why they jump from v29 to v31 to v33 to v55 to v59 instead of just 1, 2, 3, etc. is a mystery. Maybe they think that big numbers will impress people.

v70, if you weren't aware, is the newest version and is compatible with the new USB hardware for Android Auto and Carplay.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Maybe just some internal numbering strategy for Mazda programmers, although the logic escapes me. Why they jump from v29 to v31 to v33 to v55 to v59 instead of just 1, 2, 3, etc. is a mystery. Maybe they think that big numbers will impress people.

v70, if you weren't aware, is the newest version and is compatible with the new USB hardware for Android Auto and Carplay.
I see there is no logic in the numbering. What else does v70 improve apart from shuffle and Android/Apple playback? Does v70 break anything?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I see there is no logic in the numbering. What else does v70 improve apart from shuffle and Android/Apple playback? Does v70 break anything?
I just installed NA v70.00.021 yesterday afternoon. I can report that, so far, everything is working well. The shuffle function is definitely better (IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!). I browsed through menus and switched between a lot of different screens. Responsiveness was fine. I didn't find anything else new, but nothing was broken either.

Now someone needs to convince Mazda programmers that "The Beatles" should be listed under B, not T.

I think other threads are reporting that AA/CP works well with the new hardware, and that AIO works fine too. I don't have the hardware or use tweaks, so I can't comment personally.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Also installed it today, and during a short test - it seemed fine.

Though there's still that stupid problem with artists' names being changed by Gracenote.
Gotta kill it again :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
How's that working now after a couple months? Improved in what respect? Does it allow shuffle by album?? Others are reporting USB broken with drives > 32 GB.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, it continues to be interesting for me. There seems to be some memory issue. There are times it seems to play the same 20 or so songs and other times it will shuffle to songs I forgot were on the USB. I never can seem to figure out just yet what dictating either scenario.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts