2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install aio for the first time using a usb drive on fw 55 on a Mazda 2016.

I've tried three different usb's, all formatted to fat32 but the USB1 and USB2 options are always greyed out when I plug in the drives.

I then formatted the drives again and simply put in 1 mp3 file to see if it would recognize that. It didn't.

Is there a certain program that I need to use to format the USB drive besides the native windows format utility?

Is there a specific allocation I should set when formatting the drive?

The same usb drive works fine when I plug it into my friend's usb port on her Ford and is able to play the 1 mp3 file on the drive.

The drives are all 8 gb's in size one from sandisk, one from Kingston and another with a no name brand. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm trying to install aio for the first time using a usb drive on fw 55 on a Mazda 2016.

I've tried three different usb's, all formatted to fat32 but the USB1 and USB2 options are always greyed out when I plug in the drives.

I then formatted the drives again and simply put in 1 mp3 file to see if it would recognize that. It didn't.

Is there a certain program that I need to use to format the USB drive besides the native windows format utility?

Is there a specific allocation I should set when formatting the drive?

The same usb drive works fine when I plug it into my friend's usb port on her Ford and is able to play the 1 mp3 file on the drive.

The drives are all 8 gb's in size one from sandisk, one from Kingston and another with a no name brand. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
same problem! any fix?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Meaning at thr back of the CMU and at the back of the usb hub. Disconnect them and revonnect them properly. If its not working afterwards, it might be a defective usb hub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts