2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2013 mazda3 i touring.
So from what I've gathered so far my usb can only read 255 songs in any given folder. I have thousands of songs so I've arranged my usb folders into one big one with subfolders:
Music
-block1
-block2
-block3 etc... with each containing about 250 songs. I just jump around folders using the folder up down buttons. If you use the random button it only randomizes in that single folder. Kind of annoying. If you hit next it only goes to the next song number up but doesn't randomly jump. If I switch folders it starts at the first song again in that folder.

Has anyone found a better way to do this??? My method seems arcane.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unfortunately there is no better way. I tend to use my old android phone as a media player with bluetooth because I have much more control over the 3-4 hour mp3 files I listen to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arg...lol It's workable I guess. I've noticed if I just play music from one folder for a while the brains on board will catch up and let me scroll up and down on the songs. It lets me only scroll one way at first...but after a day or so i cand do both :cool 1: I'm getting to the point I can know at least which song is in which folder. Ha at least the favorites. I'm planning on making a favorites folder soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts