2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I'm on 59.00.545NA.
Has anyone figured out what character should be used for the Infotainment system to recognize multiple artists or genres in MP3 tags?

I use ID3v2.3 and have tried ";" and "/" but both are not seen as separators so something like "artist1;artist2" is seen as a single string so "artist2" can't be searched for...
Same goes with Genres...

Anyone?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey all...

I'm on 59.00.545NA.
Has anyone figured out what character should be used for the Infotainment system to recognize multiple artists or genres in MP3 tags?

I use ID3v2.3 and have tried ";" and "/" but both are not seen as separators so something like "artist1;artist2" is seen as a single string so "artist2" can't be searched for...
Same goes with Genres...

Anyone?
I found MZD Connect is very fussy in interpreting MP3 tags. I would keep it simple and just tag the file with one artist. I use the same artist in the artist and album artist fields. I found Tagscanner very useful for reviewing and correcting MP3 tags.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found MZD Connect is very fussy in interpreting MP3 tags.
Fussy? Hmmm... not really in my case. Once Gracenote is disabled, I find it behaves as it should and only uses Title, Artist, Album and Genre tags.
I wish we'd have more control like for displaying and use other tags (year or original year) for searching...

I currently have about 3500 different tracks in a MediaMonkey library... It works well at building custom playlist (with complex filtering) and auto-syncs with USB devices. It handles multiple Artists and Genres by using a separator... I just don't like seeing Connect not interpreting those correctly and seeing it all as a single unusable string...

I thought maybe it could work if we knew what character (or syntax) it needs... Or maybe it just can't handle this at all...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts