2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2015 M3 I sometimes add songs to the existing USB stick. When I continue to play from the USB it almost always never goes to the newer songs. I have some in different folders and the older songs in folders are play but rarely the new.

I've tried renaming the USB stick when adding songs but that hasn't helped.

Is there a way to force a refresh on the USB reading from the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The usb writes files in whatever order it feels like, and the Mazda reads them in that garbled order (not like when you view the usb files on your computer, which re-orders them to alphanumeric or date order or whatever order you choose to view them). I do not think there is a way to make the Mazda sound system read the files in any order other than what the usb placed them.

BUT - I found this freeware utility to be a great help:

Anerty's Lair - DriveSort

DriveSort reorders the files on the drive, so they are read in the order you want.

settings I use: LFN sort/ascending order/include subfolders

The drawback being that you'd need to re-run DriveSort every time you add files, but not that big a deal, you're at the computer already, and the utility runs very fast. Made all the difference in my music library (some 600 albums on a 62Gb usb - btw, splitting them into separate folders seems to speed up bootup time: A-E, F-J, K-O, etc)

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts