2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 3 S Touring and hooked up my Samsung S4 it brought over my music but a bunch of the tracks were grayed out like I couldn't play them. Anyone else with this issue? Is it something to do with the ownership of the track??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was also fighting to get my mp3s working properly. I actually found a solution on different forum:
the key is to use MP3 encoder, in it convert everything to mp3 (even if it was mp3 before), use lets say 192 Constant Bit Rate and be sure to check "strict ISO compliance". Works like a charm.
They recommended MediaMonkey tool, so I used this. Pretty neat and easy to learn.

It also enables you to tag the mp3s in a way the infotainment unit recognizes, so afterwards you can throw everything to root folder and then sort it by the predefined options in the infotainment unit. This is very useful since this car somehow doesn´t work well with folders, and here in Czech Republic nobody knows about any firmware updates... :blink 1:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I have used Media Monkey and all my songs are MP3 now. It won't pull them up at all??? Plus it takes forever to load them everytime I plug my phone in? Is this nornal. How do I get my songs to come up? ALso I am not so sure it is reading my sd card in my phone where all my music is. Does anyone have any insights or support?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok I have used Media Monkey and all my songs are MP3 now. It won't pull them up at all??? Plus it takes forever to load them everytime I plug my phone in? Is this nornal. How do I get my songs to come up? ALso I am not so sure it is reading my sd card in my phone where all my music is. Does anyone have any insights or support?
I tested the Samsung S3 mini of my girlfrient today: no access to the SD card, just to the internal memory... no matter if USB or BT.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I figured out and hopefully I am wrong or a newer version fixes this but the Infotainment system does not read my SD Card in my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). Which is crazy since that is where most folks would store all their music.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was also fighting to get my mp3s working properly. I actually found a solution on different forum:
the key is to use MP3 encoder, in it convert everything to mp3 (even if it was mp3 before), use lets say 192 Constant Bit Rate and be sure to check "strict ISO compliance". Works like a charm.
They recommended MediaMonkey tool, so I used this. Pretty neat and easy to learn.

It also enables you to tag the mp3s in a way the infotainment unit recognizes, so afterwards you can throw everything to root folder and then sort it by the predefined options in the infotainment unit. This is very useful since this car somehow doesn´t work well with folders, and here in Czech Republic nobody knows about any firmware updates... :blink 1:
I have many mp3s that are NOT greyed out and are selectable and when selected the play screen comes up and the "Title" line quickly cycles through all of the songs in the same album/folder before stopping with no audio output. Does your solution above resolve issues like this? Thnaks in advance!

UPDATE: I simply used a free MP3 conversion program to convert my current MP3s into 320Kbps MP3s despite most already being at 320Kbps. Now my car reads them just fine! Missing album art? Create seperate folders for your albums and put an album art jpg in it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts