2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very odd. No more sport, touring and grand touring. Will the Sky-X be reserved for the signature model? I hope this change is not too confusing for the consumer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is very disappointing.

Was hoping the Sedna was going to get a manual trim but oh well.

Looks I’ll either be getting hatchback or a BMW like I’ve been wanting or I’ll just be getting preowned to get my manual fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Dang, price went up by quite a few thousands. AWD is going to be pricey. Ouch.

Reactions: ZQ8

·
Registered
28 Posts
So disappointing...

The lease on my 16' 3 sedan 6MT is over April 3rd. Am I going to spend 40% more for another stick? No freaking way. And to get an automatic? No freaking way. I don't know. I was just checking out Subarus... :pinch:

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to spend $27.5K to get the MT as a no charge option (same price as Auto). I guess Mazda US will soon no longer offer a MT.
I assume their research pointed them that direction and sales number must have shown that they're selling significantly more higher trim manual HB models than others, and seeing how the small segment is shrinking fast, I'm not surprised that the manual is slowly going away. They're still too small of a company to offer more it seems.

Edit: They raise base price by $4k and ditch the IRS? That's what really irks me about the new generation. I could dig the cost-saving excuse, but not when the MSRP is up that much.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Guess I'll be keeping mine for a good long time, not that I wasn't going to anyway. Gonna echo what else has been said here...such a steep price hike plus eliminating the IRS for *cough* cost reasons reeks of BS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What a very strange price difference you US guys have for the hatch compared to the sedan. In my market (NL) the sedan will be 550 USD more expensive compared to the hatch (used to be same price) and you guys pay +2600 for the hatch? Wow! Just shows the pricing for every market is not really related to production costs. Not many people buy the sedan here anyway, but this one is so much more good looking compared to the hatch IMO this might now change.

Even with the hiked pricing you guys are relative very lucky. To give you and idea, the 122HP 2.0 manual starts here at 31.800 USD and an automatic is +2800 USD (basically all going to government because of extra fuel/CO2 emission taxation). There will be no 2.5 (just like with the BM/BN) and it looks like the 2.0X will be 850-1100 USD more expensive.

PS I have now read on TTAC that the hatch should have 18", leatherette and a lot of nannies standard compared to the sedan, so that explains a lot.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, not sure I understand the pricing scheme either...like everything else about this release it still seems a bit cryptic. Think we need to hold tight for further clarification. I get a feeling that more and more features including safety features that used to be optional will now be standard as more and more become mandated. I also think cars are packaged and trimmed differently per each region, based on requirements and consumer demand.

Definitely love the comment about C/P and AA available on higher trim levels as well...like Mazda hasn't messed that one up already with live updates and they should just make it standard now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
welp looks like ill be holding onto my 2012 6 speed 2.5 sedan, drop it an inch and call it a day. IRS is important, but we shall see once someone actually does a review on how it drives, might be a great handling car...but just KNOWING the SRS is back there would irk the shit out of me lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
in all markets cars are not the same level trim...

in Dr. we get the japanese version cars (only 2.0), mine is a US version cause I imported from USA

·
Registered
50 Posts
Carplay/Auto only on higher trims??
I believe only the base trim will skip AA/AC.

welp looks like ill be holding onto my 2012 6 speed 2.5 sedan, drop it an inch and call it a day. IRS is important, but we shall see once someone actually does a review on how it drives, might be a great handling car...but just KNOWING the SRS is back there would irk the shit out of me lol
Newest Ford Focus has both IRS and solid rear. I most markets only ST gets the IRS, as well as wagon versions of the car. Can you imagine if Mazda put an IRS in the Hatch only?

IMHO Mazda is pushing the 3 to be the quietest and most comfortable in the segment, while still retaining it's characteristic driving feel. It's a hard play, but we'll see once they hit the dealerships and we can take one for a spin. I am tempted to trade mine in for AWD alone. This winter has been atrocious.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone else notice that reviewers got different cars depending on their market. As if no one in the US would notice the Aussies have a hatch with a stick? Good call Mazda.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
The hatch had the EU spec 2.0l with battery and lighter steering. I was actually surprised that the EU market had the lighter steering.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts