2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned on the car this morning and the car is pouring out blue smoke. It eventually threw a CEL, but due to holiday no one is open and i dont have a code reader. Any suggestions on what it can be. Also, i checked oil VERY LOW

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Well blue smoke means your burning oil. So maybe burned piston rings or valve seals. Lucky your under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car only has about 5500 miles on it.. so yes i am still under warranty. it just makes no dam sense. randomly just starts to pour smoke

·
Registered
144 Posts
With 5500 miles on your car, would I be correct in assuming you recently got your first oil change done?

I do wonder if they failed to put in the right grade/viscosity oil, and something self-destructed inside the engine. Good luck with this one, not much of a Christmas for your mazda. :(

Be sure to call your dealer rather than drive it down there (or drive it in general) and get instructions for how to proceed. It'd be pretty crappy if they invalidated your warranty because you didn't check with them about whether you could drive it after the CEL came on, given the symptoms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually was planning on getting the oil change done on monday. and i did not drive it after CEL came on. i was about 1/2 mile from my house. so it sits in the drive way right now.

·
Street Unit - Ninja Killa
507 Posts
I'm Sry to hear this.. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bit late to help, but the same thing happened to me at 10k miles. They had to replace the turbo there also. Said something about using the wrong oil can cause an issue and to use semi-synthetic, not full synthetic.

·
507 Posts
really semi and not full? every where I have read said full over all else.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I hope I'm spared.......it'd be a nightmare to take the mods off and give it to the dealer for a week or so

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
Ouch, the K04 is biting the dust on another speed..good luck with the repairs and be glad you are under warranty as Warlord said. The turbos on speeds are very unreliable historically, almost makes you not want to mod it too heavily..or get a turbo upgrade :blush 1:

·
507 Posts
turbo UPGRADE

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
That's terrible.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i am going with the upgraded KO4. $999 installed with a warrenty on turbo. The stock KO4 wont last much longer in my car:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts