2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after cruising around this website for the last month or so, I've caught the Mazda fever even stronger and decided to trade in my current 2016 S Touring model for the latest and greatest 2018 3 hatchback.

I'm also getting my first manual transmission car, which I'm really looking forward too.

I'm also very excited to start modding this new car, once I break her in a little. :Racing 1:

Thanks to all the members on this forum for sharing their rides/info and giving me all these fun car mod projects.
CK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Minus minor issues with my dealership solving a small defect, on my 2nd Mazda and it is also a Manual GT 3 Hatchback. Sweet little ride it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haha same color as my car, love the snowflake white. I had the Titanium (which was my 2nd favorite color.) Wish I had the headlights though, I didn't realize until it was too late the package did not include the headlights and it as part of another package model. Still love my car though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, the headlights are awesome. All LED, adaptive such that they are really bright yet auto adjust to not blind oncoming traffic and turn around corners. Love em.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well...I made the decision to stay married and I didn't get the car last weekend.

It looks like I will have to play the waiting game to get the latest and greatest... The dealership gave me a smoking deal too. It would have cost me $40 more a month with no money down and a trade in of my 2016.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their new rides though.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well.. after some further discussion, I got my wife to agree and I got the new car last weekend.

The sad part was trading in my 2016 Sport Touring. Her name is Midnight btw, and they promised me that they would find her a good home. I really hope so, because she is a great car and I took really good care of her.

First impressions of the new car... Driving a manual is a totally different experience and I'm absolutely in love with it. Upshifting is so much more fun and downshifting through corners is a total thrill. I took her out on Mulholland Drive last night with my daughter to break her in a little. What a blast.

I'll be honest though... I stalled more than a couple times on my first test drive. I went to another dealership to test drive a different car first and I was able to self teach myself pretty quickly. I made it into work today without stalling or having any problems. I'm still getting the hang of getting going up hills from a stop, but the parking brake stopped me from rolling back at least and I eventually got going.

My new car's name is Moonlight and I'll be sure to get some pics posted for her garage in the next couple of days. The HID lighting with the LED fogs are really sexy looking and the new darker rims are really stylish as well. Overall, I am extremely impressed and one happy Mazda customer.
CK

Reactions: bunnzillaGT

·
Audio-SQ-Maniac
119 Posts
Well.. after some further discussion, I got my wife to agree and I got the new car last weekend.
The HID lighting with the LED fogs are really sexy looking and the new darker rims are really stylish as well. Overall, I am extremely impressed and one happy Mazda customer.
CK
The low/high beams are also LEDs. No more HID.

Here is my 2018 GT as well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations on the new car, manual is the way to go in a little coupe. You will be fine, most if not all of us have had the hill stall happen, or stop and go stall happen to us once in a while when learning to drive manual. Honestly every blue moon, I may stall my car out of sheer lazy shifting haha... Enjoy the car and congratulations again on the marriage and the new car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts