2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Potential new owner of a Mazda 3, but trying to get the best bang for the buck. I've done some searching, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a 2012-2013 hatch, ideally the grand touring, but the prices are a bit extreme compared to other trims. The skyactiv is a must, but I'm open to trims if I can later upgrade to leather, power, heated seats (gf demands). Memory would be ideal. Not a stranger to a soldering iron or junkyard diving, but wondering if a certain trim comes with all the plugs, just unused? Or if there are guides to later implementing these features as stock-feeling as possible? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2016 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring owner and after I bought the car I was not happy with the way the seats looked (cheap). I was searching to upgrade the seats (1k+) until I stumbled upon a product on Amazon called Tri Nova Faux Leather conditioner and after using that stuff my searching came to a quick end. I'm a 100% happy with my seats now, in fact I used the product on my entire interior and was finished in about 30 minutes. The best sixteen bucks I have ever spent, my seats look like real leather now; without having to worry about sun damage ( it gets hot in South).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey,

The switch from the regular seats to heated leather seats has been covered on this site by a user called PTcary. All trims should be ready for the heated seat install, the wiring is in place with the connectors. However, the required power for the power adjustable is not. I think ptcary overcame this issue and has documented it. Try searching for a tread called "swapping steering wheels with a GT".

Good luck.

I did add heated seats in my Canadian GX trim and the wiring was present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts