2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I got a 2016 Mazda 3 and I'm loving it, the only thing i wish i could change is the radio system, this is a Mexican vehicle so the basic model has a Radio in the dashboard instead of the navigation screen.

I have requested a quote from the dealer for an upgrade (which is possible) but it does cost a lot. i have found the screen on sites as Amazon and eBay and left wondering if someone has ever done this?

Can it be done? Can the change be made with only the screen or do I need the nav control (the knob close to the hand-brake).

Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
You need more than the screen and control knobs. Considering the system controls headlights, door locks, navigation, side markers and whatnot you would need more equipment. Since your car is not equipped with a GPS antenna, canbus, etc. It's not economically feasible to retrofit all this to your car.

You would be better off with an aftermarket solution or selling your car to get a new one.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Since your car is not equipped with a GPS antenna, canbus, etc......You would be better off with an aftermarket solution or selling your car to get a new one.
what an amazing suggestion .. control knobs can be controlled from steering or touch. connection for panel are ready,, whats ells you need !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need more than the screen and control knobs. Considering the system controls headlights, door locks, navigation, side markers and whatnot you would need more equipment. Since your car is not equipped with a GPS antenna, canbus, etc. It's not economically feasible to retrofit all this to your car.

You would be better off with an aftermarket solution or selling your car to get a new one.
I don't think the the Infotainment computer computes critical vehicle function such as the antilock brakes, so it shouldn't be that complex. I'm thinking in such a situation one could buy an infotainment system on ebay for $200 and use the AIO tweak to allow for touchscreen use while the vehicle is in motion thus bypassing the need for a control knob. The steering wheel buttons should still work, and so should the USB/aux inputs. A GPS antenna would not be necessary, and with the Android Auto tweak onscreen GPS navigation would still be possible. I also don't think headlights, door locks, or side markers would be a problem. This is all assuming the system fits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,

I got a 2016 Mazda 3 and I'm loving it, the only thing i wish i could change is the radio system, this is a Mexican vehicle so the basic model has a Radio in the dashboard instead of the navigation screen.

I have requested a quote from the dealer for an upgrade (which is possible) but it does cost a lot. i have found the screen on sites as Amazon and eBay and left wondering if someone has ever done this?

Can it be done? Can the change be made with only the screen or do I need the nav control (the knob close to the hand-brake).

Thank you for your help :)
Yes, I upgraded my car with a new aftermarket new system with a seicane bluetooth gps navigation before to improve the sound and get other features. I'd suggest you take a look at the seicane products. :laugh2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, I may just end up ditching the stock infotainment for one of those units. I assume that because it's Android, you can cast your phone screen over to it? Also, are there any drawbacks you can point out? Is the installation possible for a novice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts