2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I currently have the base power mirrors on my 2015 Mazda 3 GX. I was wondering if any one has upgraded to one with heated mirrors and a turn signal off other models like the GS or GT. I'm searching the forms and I can't find someone that has done this. I'm wondering if it is possible and will they work as intended

Thanks for any replies.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,274 Posts
Hi everyone,

I currently have the base power mirrors on my 2015 Mazda 3 GX. I was wondering if any one has upgraded to one with heated mirrors and a turn signal off other models like the GS or GT. I'm searching the forms and I can't find someone that has done this. I'm wondering if it is possible and will they work as intended

Thanks for any replies.
A new 2018 M3 GT mirror housing (no mirror) w/prewired cost $110.00 CDN. There is 6 pin connector required for a proper interface.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't a mirror ordered off of rockauto that is heated and has a turn signal that is meant for 2015 mazda 3 work? OR Does it have to be a 2018 Mazda 3 GT mirror? Since I assume the 2015 ones will have to the same wiring and won't require any additional wiring.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,274 Posts
Wouldn't a mirror ordered off of rockauto that is heated and has a turn signal that is meant for 2015 mazda 3 work? OR Does it have to be a 2018 Mazda 3 GT mirror? Since I assume the 2015 ones will have to the same wiring and won't require any additional wiring.
You'll have to check the wiring from the mirror to the door connections

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't have to scrape ice off mirror in winter. Saves having to realign mirror and opening window and using your hand.

Are heated mirrors also self-darkening (along with internal rear view mirror)?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don't have to scrape ice off mirror in winter. Saves having to realign mirror and opening window and using your hand.

Are heated mirrors also self-darkening (along with internal rear view mirror)?
AFAIK, the side mirrors do not auto-dim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm looking to change the whole Mirror unit. Not just the mirror itself. Changing it to one that already has heating build it. Also, having a heated mirror is a big help in Canada. As mentioned above, scraping off the ice is a pain in the butt and you might damage the mirror or you would need to constantly realign it. I'll research the wiring and if the plug is the same then.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,274 Posts
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm looking to change the whole Mirror unit. Not just the mirror itself. Changing it to one that already has heating build it. Also, having a heated mirror is a big help in Canada. As mentioned above, scraping off the ice is a pain in the butt and you might damage the mirror or you would need to constantly realign it. I'll research the wiring and if the plug is the same then.
OEM mirror housings come standard with no mirror (sold separately)
I broke a white motor plastic pin and the only option was replacing this @ $110

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I looked for parts and there is a different part number for the housing assembly for each combination of features, so it looks like you need a housing + the mirror for ~$200 per side, before you paint them. That made me lose interest so I can't say if it's a plug and play deal or if you need to add more wiring, or even more CANBUS software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts