2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I listen to music in my car via USB and with the recent update to v55.65, my album tracks are now sorting alphabetically instead of by track number. It's really annoying as I like to listen to full music albums during my long rides to work and can't full appreciate them because the songs are being played out of order.

Is there any work around to this?

I understand this might be a Gracenote problem, so I tried to update the Gracenote and disrupt it mid-way in attempt to disable it, but apparently this trick no longer works in v55.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey guys,

I listen to music in my car via USB and with the recent update to v55.65, my album tracks are now sorting alphabetically instead of by track number. It's really annoying as I like to listen to full music albums during my long rides to work and can't full appreciate them because the songs are being played out of order.

Is there any work around to this?

I understand this might be a Gracenote problem, so I tried to update the Gracenote and disrupt it mid-way in attempt to disable it, but apparently this trick no longer works in v55.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I've got the same issue man and it's really annoying except my album tracks are seemingly random, neither track order nor alphabetical. The gracenote trick does not fix it. The trick also doesn't make the "Powered by Gracenote" thing show up right away which means you have to wait about 45 seconds before you can browse your music.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm curious... how are your tunes organized on the USB? What file format? Are the track numbers in the files, or the names? Is there any difference in how you get to the album... via Artist, Albums or Folders? Are you sure you don't have the shuffle option set?

When I use iTunes or Audacity in creating .m4a files, it puts the track number at the beginning of the file name. Now I understand why that is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're MP3s and I had the track number only in the file, not the name. I always get to the music I want by going to Artist, then Albums, then song. Never had a problem with it until I updated yesterday.

As a workaround until this issue is resolved, I used MusicBrainz Picard to rename all my MP3s with the track number included in the file name. That seems to work for now, as it lists the tracks numerically now.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
so from what i'm getting out of this, V55 pretty much breaks USB audio playback...thanks for the tip, might stick with V33 until the next version hits.

how did they manage to mangle USB audio playback so badly? its not hard guys...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so from what i'm getting out of this, V55 pretty much breaks USB audio playback...thanks for the tip, might stick with V33 until the next version hits.

how did they manage to mangle USB audio playback so badly? its not hard guys...
Yeah, I'd stay away. I also noticed that when I'm listening to an album, it will reorder the tracklist and put the songs I've already listened to at the bottom and the one's that haven't played yet at the top, and stay this way until the USB completely resets.

So basically, if you don't listen to an album all the way through, from the first track to the last track, it will save it out of order for the next time you start it up. Which sounds like a cool feature, but is actually very annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy here, '15 M3 S GT delivered last week.
Connect OS upgraded to v55.00.650 by dealer prior to delivery.
MP3 music playback from USB stick works flawlessly.
Track order isn't altered and powering down doesn't 'lose' your place.

Three things I learned futzing with my prior Ford (MyFordSync):
1. format the USB stick
2. copy to stick using Artist > Album > Song hierarchy
3. edit the album's song tags using MP3Tag, a free utility.
(Current version is v2.71)
This assures that album name, artist name, track name, track #,
album artwork are all correct.
No need to put track # in file name.
Even MP3's ripped from CDs can scramble tags.
And albums d/l'd elsewhere are often a real mess.
Takes a few extra minutes, but it works!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Be *sure* you format as FAT32. Also, I'd recommend editing the source material using MP3Diags (and/or TagScanner) on your hard drive before copying to the stick, not after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES, v55 is the absolutely WORST upgrade Mazda has unleashed upon its users....er...uh...sorry..its BETA TESTERS!

I was SHOCKED to see they are putting these Buggy ITS's in all the new cars. They are willingly moving forward with a flawed product. I have lost ALL faith in the folks handling the coding for the Mazda ITS. I have don't no less than 10 updates and each of them steps backwards. I will say V33 was somewhat stable but not flawless.

Why is getting Ipods to work on the most basic of levels so hard?

When you email mazda tech support they want you to 'try it with another device' to make sure its not the device. Whatever. Like I happen to have another 160 gig ipod just laying around. This ipod I am using has gone through two Honda cars without a single glitch. But use in on Mazda's product and they want to blame the ipod.

Mazda has lost me as a customer. This was my 1st and now last Mazda car. The ITS is a disgrace and its 1000000% unreliable. I often have to reboot (3 button reboot) the ITS just to get it working. Combined with the fact that its built into the dash...we are MARRIED to this ITS and cant get an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
USB track sort order possibly solved

I spent some time on the track sort order issues discussed here. I have experienced both the main issues mentioned:

a) Tracks on some albums sort in a seemingly random order, and/or
b) Tracks already played move to the bottom of the list.

I found at least one solution, though I'd like to see what results others get. I am accessing my music always through the "Album" view, so this may not work if you get to the same files through Artist -> Album or Playlist, etc., though there is probably a solution for those too.

The file where sort order is determined is : /jci/gui/apps/usbaudio/js/usbaudioApp.js

Line 381 is where the sort order for the Album view is set. In the original file, it is set to USBM_MetadataType_AlbumOrder, which I gather takes the track ordering from the metadata inside the files. Obviously this functionality is not working, at least not on all albums. So I changed line 381 to:

sort_settings: [{metadata_type: this._mdFilter.USBM_MetadataType_ObjectFileName, sort_order: this._soFilter.USBM_SortOrder_AlphaNumericAscending}],

This sorts the tracks by their filename which, if you have your files named things like "01 - Song name.flac", and so on, will apparently keep them in alphanumeric order. I tried playing several tracks on several albums that have been problematic in the past for me, and both issues above have disappeared.

If you want to fiddle with it further, the object settings for all the various views are from lines 124 to 833, and the options for sort ordering are defined on lines 78 to 108.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts