2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been lurking for awhile before my latest purchase just getting info and responses to the Skyactiv tech.

A bit over a week ago I traded in my 2008 Mazda 3 for a 2012 Mazda 3 iTouring (6AT) in Black. It's also got fog lights, moonroof, and Bose. This is pretty much my dream Mazda 3, so I was pretty excited to find it with only 15,000 miles on it for a great price.

So far I absolutely love it. Having done some driving around on country roads, I can say 40mpg is doable, as I got 40.5 driving around without being too careful. Haven't truly done a lot of highway driving yet, but will be taking it from Wisconsin (my home state) to OKC next week. I must also say for anyone considering purchase that the AT is so much smoother than my previous 3. The extra 15 hp is also nice!

Now, a question for forum goers....I'm wanting to get the windows tinted, but am nervous about these WI laws (50% front, 35% rear). I understand they come from the factory with some tint, so it's not as simple as getting 50% and 35% tint, is it? Do people really take that factory tint into account and buy a slightly higher percentage?

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you stuck with Mazda!

Our windows have like a 2-3% tint to them stock. So if you get a 35% it might be more like a 33%. However, a cop can't tell the difference between the two since it it so small unless he/she uses a tint measuring device after they pull you over for something. They won't notice it. Not sure how strict cops in WI are on tint but I would hate to have something as little as 50%. I don't like mixing shades of tint, I'd rather have something the same percentage all around. That's just me, and I'm from FL lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts