2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember seeing a few people mention the auto light system malfunction on hot days in their 2019s...Happened to me today.

Spoke with Mazda and their response is that "Japan" is aware of it and do not have a fix but are working on it. His guess is that the sensor gets too hot and gives the error but said the lights should work.

Given that this happens when the sun is out the lights not working isn't an issue but in my case the system dims all the screens like its in night mode which is annoying.

TL : DR Keep your eye on yet another recall soon :nerd:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got this message yesterday and my dash was all dark and couldn't see anything was impossible to drive .... However, today is 95 F outside and I haven't see the message.... I hope it fix itself lol. If not, I hope they have a recall on this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got this message yesterday and my dash was all dark and couldn't see anything was impossible to drive .... However, today is 95 F outside and I haven't see the message.... I hope it fix itself lol. If not, I hope they have a recall on this.
I found a way to fix the dimming when it does it... Hit the "+" illumination button under the cluster on the right side

It's not the temp it seems but how strongly the sun is hitting the sensor. So I've been out on 100+ days and not had the issue but got it on a 90 day

·
Registered
7 Posts
had this happen twice now with the auto lights and once with the air conditioning. With the lights, I found that turning them off would return the dash lights back up but the air the only way to get to work again was to shut the car off and restart it, then everything worked fine. Don't understand why the car has this issue since these systems have been in cars for a while now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me multiple times during summer. The dealer suggested to turn the A/C on for few minutes to let it sit. It does the fix but still annoying. Never happened with Toyota or any other cars. And now it is getting hot again, and this will going to annoy me again this year. Hope there is a permanent fix for a beta users...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts