2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I’ve done a lot of research on the TSR issues especially on this forum but I wonder if someone can help me still…

I have a Mazda 3 SP25 Astina 2020 and when it had its last service the Mazda Service Centre updated my NAV and then my TSR wasn’t working. Prior to the update, it was working perfectly fine! Except when I was using maps through Apple car play (which is fine). I read on the internet (possibly reddit) where someone said to put the car in accessories and then eject and put the SD card back in. Then check your NAV is working and if it is, then the TSR will work. I did that and it worked. But every now and then, it’ll stop working? And I have to troubleshoot again by taking out the SD card and putting it back in. Very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can fix it totally without having to fiddle with the SD card time and time again??
Because sometimes the NAV system tells me it needs an SD card, even though it has one?
and half way through driving, the NAV starts working and my TSR starts working again?
kind of annoying that it doesn’t always work from the get go of me starting my car up. It will either work, not work at all or start working half way through my drive??
Any help is appreciated! :)

·
Banned
92 Posts
Hey guys
I’ve done a lot of research on the TSR issues especially on this forum but I wonder if someone can help me still…

I have a Mazda 3 SP25 Astina 2020 and when it had its last service the Mazda Service Centre updated my NAV and then my TSR wasn’t working. Prior to the update, it was working perfectly fine! Except when I was using maps through Apple car play (which is fine). I read on the internet (possibly reddit) where someone said to put the car in accessories and then eject and put the SD card back in. Then check your NAV is working and if it is, then the TSR will work. I did that and it worked. But every now and then, it’ll stop working? And I have to troubleshoot again by taking out the SD card and putting it back in. Very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can fix it totally without having to fiddle with the SD card time and time again??
Because sometimes the NAV system tells me it needs an SD card, even though it has one?
and half way through driving, the NAV starts working and my TSR starts working again?
kind of annoying that it doesn’t always work from the get go of me starting my car up. It will either work, not work at all or start working half way through my drive??
Any help is appreciated! :)
@Laura-Jane it could be your nav sdcard is faulty/dirty/dusty or the sd slot.
You can clean the sdcard slot. Clone the navi sdcard to another and try if that solve your problem. Or if your subscription still valid copy the contents to a new sdcard, use mazda tool box and download the maps everything to it, re-insert back to your car and see if that works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Laura-Jane it could be your nav sdcard is faulty/dirty/dusty or the sd slot.
You can clean the sdcard slot. Clone the navi sdcard to another and try if that solve your problem. Or if your subscription still valid copy the contents to a new sdcard, use mazda tool box and download the maps everything to it, re-insert back to your car and see if that works.
Thanks for your reply.
I will try that and hopefully it works. When the Mazda Service Centre checked it out, they said they used my SD in another car to see if it worked and it did?
so perhaps it’s the slot but they said they need permission from Mazda Australia to be able to replace that part. Then I got it working by doing what I said above ^ so I didn’t take it back in to have the slot replaced. They said something about the CMU and to be honest, I don’t trust them to pull my car apart because they don’t seem very confident in what they’re doing and I believe once you start pulling a car to pieces, more can go wrong. :(

·
Banned
92 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
I will try that and hopefully it works. When the Mazda Service Centre checked it out, they said they used my SD in another car to see if it worked and it did?
so perhaps it’s the slot but they said they need permission from Mazda Australia to be able to replace that part. Then I got it working by doing what I said above ^ so I didn’t take it back in to have the slot replaced. They said something about the CMU and to be honest, I don’t trust them to pull my car apart because they don’t seem very confident in what they’re doing and I believe once you start pulling a car to pieces, more can go wrong. :(
@Laura-Jane I wouldn't trust them either with now most service technician are being very limited trained not their fault but more the higher management, they're being forced to complete a job within a timeframe else they'll get written up, so not everything is followed/done properly. Anyhow, it could be your outdated cmu firmware. Do you happen to know what version is your mazda cmu fw version is? That could help us to help you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Laura-Jane I wouldn't trust them either with now most service technician are being very limited trained not their fault but more the higher management, they're being forced to complete a job within a timeframe else they'll get written up, so not everything is followed/done properly. Anyhow, it could be your outdated cmu firmware. Do you happen to know what version is your mazda cmu fw version is? That could help us to help you.
Yeah, it’s not their fault but it’s quite frustrating for people like me who have purchased a new Mazda and I went with this car specifically for some of the amazing features it offers and then for them not to work is disappointing. How can I find out what cmu fw version I have? I really appreciate all your help. Thank you so much. I means a lot!

·
Banned
92 Posts
Yeah, it’s not their fault but it’s quite frustrating for people like me who have purchased a new Mazda and I went with this car specifically for some of the amazing features it offers and then for them not to work is disappointing. How can I find out what cmu fw version I have? I really appreciate all your help. Thank you so much. I means a lot!
@Laura-Jane when you mentioned about the part the technician took your original navi sdcard and inserted into another vehicle. Do you know if they drove it around with the card inside the car? This could messed up the card being recognised and vin lock to that particular car, but you say it still occasionally works on your so perhaps not had happened. How many miles/kilometers your vehicle has driven with that original navi sdcard? If more than 1,000km or more should be fine (its vin locked to your car).

To check fw version i think its in the settings->about software or more information..im sure you'll eventually find it..e.g fw59.00.502 or fw59.00.540, fw70.00.100, fw70.00.335, fw70.00.352 or lower fw55.00.xxx, fw56.00.xxx etc.

Also i assumed you have a HUD module for the TSR to shows. You can go Into the Ad-display and making sure the relevant options are selected/marked related to you HUD/TSR information. Save it to your key fob or memory seat settings. This will be personalized to you always and hopefully solve your issues too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m not sure if they drove the other car with my SD card but I doubt it because they were busy and rushed me out the door with my car so I can’t imagine they would have. When they updated my nav it was about 10,000-14,000kms.

i couldn’t find the fw version but I found the gracenote database number?
package: 10023
Gracenote database: 1.1.1.01670

sorry for asking so my questions, what’s the HUD model and what are the relevant options to save to my key? I’ve set the seat settings but that’s all.

thanks so much for all your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.