2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Are there any other people on here who have experienced "problems" with the up-shifting. Occasionally when I shift into first, third or fifth gear it doesn't seem to be going quite as smooth as it should. My dealer told me that there is a SB, something with a cable that needs readjustment, that could be causing this problem. I was wondering if anyone else on here has had this looked at and if the problem was fixed. Only seems to be the case when I'm up-shifting, down-shifting goes rather smooth.

Taking the car to the dealer next week, it's just two years old now, seems a bit soon to already have these kinds of issues, but I still have my factory warranty so I guess better now than later.

Cheers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the problem. I brought it up to the service writer at the dealership and he got in my car shifted it a couple times while stationary and then asked if I had owned a manual transmission car before. I was displeased and my issue persists.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the problem. I brought it up to the service writer at the dealership and he got in my car shifted it a couple times while stationary and then asked if I had owned a manual transmission car before. I was displeased and my issue persists.
What kind of dealer do you go to, lol. The first thing my dealer said was that there is an existing SB (something about that cable readjustment) that could be the cause of the issue. He better not even think of suggesting that I don't know how to drive a manual car, because I have been driving nothing else for over ten years and I've let other people drive and they say the same thing.

If I were you I'd look for the Service Bulletin, I think you can find it somewhere on the forum, because there are other topics about it, print it and take it to your dealer. Or find another dealer, because this one seems pretty lazy.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
This thread, while many of its posts older, has relevant info for all current gen, 3's. Hope something in that thread helps.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-recalls-tsb-ssb/53290-extremely-notchy-gearbox-fix-2-3-4-5-a-3.html

And to @fcwolfey and @runittwiice, I nodded while reading your threads about service/dealership personally questioning your shifting experience. Shame on them unless you just bought your first manual and drove it away from their dealership in the last month (which I know is not true). I am with you, have driven a manual trans for now in the beginning of my sixth decade, and please do not ever, service personal, question my shifting abilities (i.e., I have driven tens and tens of vehicles, with 2,000,000+ miles under my belt, including driving tractor/trailers, without a clutch ever needing replacement).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts