Legend:
Red: 2014 M3 Stock/13:1compression/91octane
Blue: Same car w/ K&N intake
Green: Same car w/ UNICHIP

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would really wanna see how OVT does. Great to see tunes getting out for our cars.....just great prep for the MX5 ND!:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are those on the wheels or crank hp? Very nice! Would like to see ov tune on the 2.0 dyno.

·
Registered
606 Posts
These Unichip tune results are quite bad for a skyactiv 2.0 The torque curve decreases from 3500-4500 where it should be increasing or smooth at periods, and peak power only improved by 5-6 whp compared to the intake run, which only represents a ~5% improvement in peak power... Your better off going with a custom tune.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the ov tune better on the 2.0? I'm interested but want to see results.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I doubt the unichip can properly control the D.I. Injectors or the cams, so this is probably just a result of added ignition timing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is the ov tune better on the 2.0? I'm interested but want to see results.
Its still too early to see OV tuning results in the 3d gen skactiv 2.0, but people noticed a 10-15% increase from the tune on the 2nd gen with lower compression and old the 4-1 header. That is already greater than a 2-fold improvement compared to this Unichip, and one would expect more from the 3d gen 2.0 based on its compression and 4-2-1 header.

Reactions: quidnatch

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unichip curve seems consistent to stock + gains. This was from initial tune....let's see if they can smoothen the dips.
Again, would love to see how OVT's 2.0 would be. Hope there will be dyno results out soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Very promising. Has there been any 2.0 tunes or is it strictly 2.5 for now? A smoother and more linear power curve would be nice

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reactions: minsanity

·
Registered
44 Posts
Damn - Wouldn't it be nice if someone would run a dyno test on regular vs premium and shut up the forum thread that pontificates about which is better but has no empirical support.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts