2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this is being overly picky, but I have never seen an uneven gap between body panels like this on a new car. Does anyone else have a gap like this that is bigger on one side than the other? I also noticed two stickers under the hood that say "Authorized Modification , Campaign # 973" and another with #5409D - anyone know what these are about?

Passenger side (panels close together and even)

Driver side (panels not as close and gap is bigger near headlight)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Perhaps this is being overly picky, but I have never seen an uneven gap between body panels like this on a new car. Does anyone else have a gap like this that is bigger on one side than the other? I also noticed two stickers under the hood that say "Authorized Modification , Campaign # 973" and another with #5409D - anyone know what these are about?

Passenger side (panels close together and even)

Driver side (panels not as close and gap is bigger near headlight)
You know, even though imageshack is borked for me for some reason, i know what you are talking about and I have that exact same thing, pisses me off and was making me think I was crazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My driver's side also has a larger gap like yours. It might not be right, but at least they're consistant.:001_huh 1:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I guess it's good to know other people have the same issue, as I was worried that perhaps my car got damaged pre delivery and was secretly repaired or something. I still may mention it to the dealer to see if this is something that can be aligned better, as it is rather annoying on a brand new $25k car...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Same tolerance on my Gunmetal Blue too. I consider it perfectly normal for a mass production car, and the overall panel gaps are very good (excellent for a car in this price range). Doesn't bother me one iota.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Guess I got lucky, no irregularities on my liquid silver metallic. Not that I would have noticed them (if they even existed on my car) if I hadn't read this thread...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts