2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently installed Forscan. Have the both versions, via dongle and Bluetooth. However, not able to track the BSM related issues , because not even able to see them between DTC modules. Anyone is aware under what DTC module group BSM should be troubleshooted?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Isn`t RVM (Rear View Monitor) and BSM (Blind Spot Monitor) nearly the same? Youtube videos of both look pretty similar to me. My car (CX-5 2016) also has the "lane switch assistant plus = BSM" installed (name from german price list) and I only see the RVM module via ForScan. So perhaps RVM was the old version/name without the "plus" and both (RVM+BSM) are realized in the same RVM module. Thats my suggestion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont know actually.. but even though, I am bot able to see RVM among the module list. Forscan asked me if my adapter has HS and MS CAN switch. Well, to be honest, if I press NO , it stops the scanning, if I press yes it also does nothing. My els27 has inbuilt switch for that..

Any suggestions on that?

·
Immortal
219 Posts
So I ended up figuring out, that my els27 is fake china adapter, that does not have any kind of a switch and supports only hs can...
I made myself this switch to ELM327 with only hs can - if you familiar with soldering you can do it yourself

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made myself this switch to ELM327 with only hs can - if you familiar with soldering you can do it yourself
Yeah, already thought about this option.. however not familiar with that. Chip PIC18F25K80

Suitable for soldering?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you need just add two-pair-switch to switch input between obd 6-14(hi can) 3-11 (mid can)
It depends on the chipset and controller I believe. As far as I saw, there were no tutorials how to make a switch for adapter same as mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup.. thats why I also thought that I am not into this.. no wires and stuff.

Bought original ELS27 v4. Managed to get to the modules. Found DTC RVM (when tested in Forscan it appears to be responsible for left side BSM) . Error stored U3000:09-28
Nothing much about the error. Internal module issue. Solution - replacement of the module...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts