2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just picked up my SP25 GT and I noticed that it does not have any under bonnet insulation. This did not bother me at first, but then after a long drive noticed how hot the outer surface of the bonnet was. This cannot be good for the paint.

Did the BM Mazda 3 ever come with under bonnet insulation stuck to under the bonnet (like many cars. The car I traded (a Mitsubishi Lancer) had it)?

Some videos on the net show Mazda 3's rolling off the production line with under bonnet insulation.

Is there somewhere you can purchase that OEM under bonnet insulation?

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi everyone

I just picked up my SP25 GT and I noticed that it does not have any under bonnet insulation. This did not bother me at first, but then after a long drive noticed how hot the outer surface of the bonnet was. This cannot be good for the paint.

Did the BM Mazda 3 ever come with under bonnet insulation stuck to under the bonnet (like many cars. The car I traded (a Mitsubishi Lancer) had it)?

Some videos on the net show Mazda 3's rolling off the production line with under bonnet insulation.

Is there somewhere you can purchase that OEM under bonnet insulation?

Thanks
ALL vehicles, regardless of make and model will have its bonnet very hot to the touch when you drive long. There will be no exceptions. even if they have insulation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I look at the bottom of the bonnet, it does look like they intended for there to be an insulating blanket there, but I have not seen a late model Mazda3 with one installed. Having said that, I think that for the most part, such a lining might only hlp lessen sound, and I don't think that it would help much else.

·
Registered
184 Posts
maybe not having insulation helps faster heat dissipation? I'd be nervous about putting bonnet insulation if it didn't come with one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts