2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all, first post, wanted to save someone the headache with ultragauge and skyactiv cars.u/g works but will not turn it self off like it should without turning key back to run for a second after initial shutdown.if you leave it on you could drain battery , sent it back when u/g rep blamed my car ,suggested i go back to mazda for a firmware update?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's really too bad. I used to use my UG with my Focus and it worked like a charm. Now I can't use it with my new Mazda3 Skyactiv is it won't turn off properly :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I just order my new Ultraguage for my Mazda 3 2012 and this was what I read from UG's website.. I hope this will help !!

The 2012 Mazda 3 has a defect in its computer firmware. When the ignition is switched off, the vehicles computer stays on and continues to provide data corresponding to just before the ignition was switched off. From UG's view the vehicle is still running and providing valid data. UG's reaction is to stay on even though the engine is no longer running.
This issue may apply to all 2012 Mazda 3's or only some. Mazda may have discovered the issue and updated subsequent computers to eliminate the problem. There may also be an ECM firmware update available from Mazda.

WORK AROUND: Use "Power off Detect" mode 3. Just after switching the ignition from RUN to OFF, switch the ignition briefly back on. This will cause the vehicle's computer to provide new data and UltraGauge will correctly detect ignition off.

There is a yet released UltraGauge update that can detect ignition off even in the presence of the Mazda defect. If you are considering ordering an UltraGauge please make a note in the message box of the checkout page that you have a 2012 Mazda and you will receive the update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got my ultra gauge and installed on to my Mazda 3 this afternoon.. I'll try to put up picture tonight!!
it looks very nice and now I can track my water temp and not just relied the dumb blue light !! hehe !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I used my radio, and all buttons are functional ad with in reach ! it just look block but you fingers still able to press hidden buttons !

·
Registered
732 Posts
I bought one and used the included windshield mount to mount it low in the driver's side corner right above the air vent. Very visible yet out of the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts