2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking at buying the official Mazda rear camera and fitting myself but cannot find 100% confirmation on whether the wiring loom is already present in the car or whether it is necessary to install it from the MZD Connect screen all the way to the boot of the car.

From the information I can find, it appears the NA models have it already but the EU/UK models don't. My car already has the rear parking sensors if that makes any difference.

Can anyone confirm whether the UK Mazda 3 SE-L NAV does have the wiring already or not?

Thanks
David

·
Registered
137 Posts
Greetings!
Firstly do you have aSedan or a hatch? Next you need to see if the area has the requisite C16 connector in the rear area. I have a sport Nav and have the connector in the boot area and was investigating connecting the camera.After much back and forth with Mazda UK(who were useless!) if the connector exists and you have the FRONT&BACK sensors that appear on the nav then you should be fine. The only issue is that Mazda UK and Europe do NOT sell the camera on its own, it comes as part of a kit for 246 pounds(ouch!)

The only place you can get the camera on its own is from Tascaparts in the US for $185(120 pounds) this is extortianate when you can but a camera of flabby or aliexpress for best part of 20 pounds.

It is well documented on this site that if you find the connector then you should be okay.

Good luck with your journey!
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark

I have the hatchback, but only have the rear sensors, not the front ones (hence I also only get the sound when reversing and not the nice graphics :frown2: - have been looking to see if there is a way of tricking the car into thinking I have the front ones to get the graphics but no luck yet!)

I'll check whether I can locate a C16 connector, hopefully I have that but it is sounding like I probably don't.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Again,
Then the kit that mazda provide is what you want. It will take a round 3 hours to fit as you need to run the wires back to front. You will get the picture from the camera on the nav screen and retain the beep beep from parking sensors. As i mentioned you have to have F&B sensors for them to appear on the NAV

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts