2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my MS3 on Monday. When I had test driven it, the air bag light was flashing and the air bag deactivated light was on even though the gf was riding shotty. I was told that it was fixed and all was well on Monday so I drove it home. On Tuesday the air bag lights were back so I drove an hour back to the dealer to have it fixed. They "fixed" it and it worked fine all Wednesday till the afternoon when the lights came back. They had told me that the battery had been drained over the winter and that the connector for the sensor was loose and fixed both those problems. I looked under the seat to see the connector and found a folded up sticky-note that looked like it had been used to shim something and had fallen out. I have since brought the car back this morning (Thursday) and tried to get them to honor their 72 hour exchange policy but they aren't having it. I am just hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Abe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: The dealership called found a short in the airbag controller and overnighted the part. Should get it back today. Hope they fix it this time....

·
Registered
31 Posts
well isint that nice you had to force them to to there job ...
i hope this is nota commin problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:p He said he hadn't seen it before when I asked if it was finished yesterday (his reason for it not being completed). Idk if I believe it though as it honestly feels like I was lied to when I purchased. I told him to keep the car as long as it takes to get it right. In the meantime, driving the shit out of a Sentra and realizing with every brake and acceleration how much better the MS3 is (MS3 doesn't shake when I brake or accelerate). Glad to see so far that no one else has had this problem. Gives me hope that once it is fixed it will be fixed for good....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The dealer's "computer system" has not been working for 3 days now so they can't complete the service. Sounds like a load of bullshit... Been hearing that the system will be fixed and you can pick up your car tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day that never comes it seems...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I guess that is better than the day after tomorrow

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha, true true. They are driving to get their CD so their scanner will work today so maybe I can pick up the car tonight. If the damn airbag light is still on, I am going to have a chat with the manager about the attorney general.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a MZ3, and it was in the shop for 29 consecutive days (I drove it off the lot several times to realize it was not fixed)! 1 more, and it would have been a lemon! Hope your car gets back healthy to ya!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is crazy! It puts it into perspective for me. 29 days is WAY worse than my 7. Thanks for the good luck. What was wrong with your car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Just got a call from the dealer. The car is fixed and will be ready for pick up tomorrow morning. They are going to detail and wash it again for me. I asked (politely) for them to fill my gas tank as I will have driven a total of 6 hours to and from the dealership and was told no. Called right back and asked for manager and he will "see what he can do." I have been holding off on leaving negative reviews for dealer service as I wanted to see how the entire thing would be resolved (i.e. them offering me compensation or ANYTHING) but I don't think any of that will happen. I guess as long as it is fixed and the tank is filled, I will be happy. One nice thing is, the car is 300 miles closer to being broken in!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it back today! Everything seems to be in order. Full tank of gas, washed and detailed. Overall happy.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I had a problem like this but with a subaru sti from carmax. No one wanted to fix the check engine light and i got screwed big time. I only buy new cars now. Just got a ms3 and love. Hopefully your ride is still in good shape.

·
Registered
352 Posts
How is it holding up?? I'm trading mine in for a new one or a speed3 in the middle of july due to it being a turd... Mine has had so many flaws that it aint funny. It got a new transmission and clutch after 7944 miles, different clunks in the front end, transmission grinds in 2nd and 6th now, speed sensor "fell off" and was hitting the flywheel causing potential electrical issues. The technician said that if i'd kept driving the turd, it could have caught on fire. I got different rattles in the back, squeaks here and there, and the windsheild is tapping against whatever it is...

Anyways, i'm thinking about a speed3 but I cant make up my mind about it though. Insurance will be higher, more money put down towards the car, told a louder interior/road noise, uses more fuel, and has a stiffer suspension... Any thoughts?

·
Nordschleife
64 Posts
How is it holding up?? I'm trading mine in for a new one or a speed3 in the middle of july due to it being a turd... Mine has had so many flaws that it aint funny. It got a new transmission and clutch after 7944 miles, different clunks in the front end, transmission grinds in 2nd and 6th now, speed sensor "fell off" and was hitting the flywheel causing potential electrical issues. The technician said that if i'd kept driving the turd, it could have caught on fire. I got different rattles in the back, squeaks here and there, and the windsheild is tapping against whatever it is...

Anyways, i'm thinking about a speed3 but I cant make up my mind about it though. Insurance will be higher, more money put down towards the car, told a louder interior/road noise, uses more fuel, and has a stiffer suspension... Any thoughts?
When you say the transmission grinds in 2nd and 6th, can you elaborate? I ask because a lot of people says that, and I've been driving manual transmissions for >18 yrs and I don't know if I've ever heard the transmission grind. Other than of course when I mistime the shift and grind, but that is more at the user level.

As far as the Speed3, my insurance went up ~3 bucks a month going from a crusty old 04' Mazda3 to a brand new 11' Mazdaspeed3 (both full coverage). That may have more to do with my age (36) but still seems like the difference would be minimal. Interior / road noise is a lot better than the 04' but then since you are 2nd gen, I can't be sure. Personally, I can take this car on long trips and not have any issues. Some say the suspension is bouncy and too firm but I don't think it is. The fuel mileage has been great so far, I've been driving it hard since the day I drove it off the lot with 38 miles on the odometer and I'm still averaging ~25 mpg in mixed driving. I might still be in the honeymoon period but right now, I am in love with this thing. It is a fun DD car.

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I shift to 2nd and 6th gear, your can hear a slight grind coming from the transmission... I have been calling around to different dealers about trading it for a speed3, and they have offered $16.5k for mine and will take no less than $21.4k for the speed3... that is $4900.00 difference!!! I aint got that kinda money to throw around :sad 1:, but I want one so badly though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts